Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the thread about factory sub replacement and decided to give my stereo in the T a small upgrade.

I only have the basic sound system which leaves me behind the 8 ball to start with but so far I have installed Clarion 5 x 7's in the back. I have bought the JBL GTO 804 8" sub today. So that can go in the factory hole in the parcel shelf.

I've been searching eBay for an amp and found this one but the specs dont mean a whole deal to me so I was hoping you guys would be able to explain it to me or just let me know if it will do the job. Any help would be great

Its a 2nd hand Kenwood 4 ch, specs from kenwood site are below.

The sub as most of you would already know is 200w RMS 4 ohm impedance and the Clarion 5 x 7s are 150w

So Would this amp be powerfull enough to run the sub and the two rears? I'm not after anything ear drum popping just want a bit more bass and a nice factory look.

eBay Item Number : 220191485496

Thanks,

JOEL

KAC-746 4-Channel Power Amplifier

Max. power output 70W X 4 (4Q)

35W x 4 at 4Q 14.4V (0.08% THD) RMS power output - 50W X 4 at 1Q 14.4V (0.8% THD) RMS power output

Variable input sensitivity (0.15 to 4V)

Built in Variable Low-pass filter (50Hz - 20QHz)

Built in Variable High-pass filter (50Hz - 200Hz)

Gold Plated Input / Output Terminal

Tri-mode operation

Protection Indicator

Power MOSFET Switching Power Supply

  • Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted

Yep, those older Kenwoods are pretty good, honest amps.

I dont know much about the basic sound system so I cant comment in instalation.. ie wiring the amp in

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...