jacob_xr6turbo Legacy Donating Member 433 Member For: 19y 29d Location: Richmond, Melbourne Posted 15/05/09 01:15 AM Posted 15/05/09 01:15 AM Clutch arrived today, Thanks mal!Very speedy delivery, clutch looks fantastic. Can't wait to get it in the car.
vipxrt Member 28 Member For: 20y 2m 1d Gender: Male Posted 01/08/09 12:26 PM Posted 01/08/09 12:26 PM Hi mal,I wanted to know how much the option 3 plus clutch will set me back?Thanks
6speedXR8 Mal Wood Automotive Member 537 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Location: WARWICK QLD Posted 06/08/09 09:11 AM Author Posted 06/08/09 09:11 AM Hi mal,I wanted to know how much the option 3 plus clutch will set me back?ThanksThe ACE option 3 is a great clutch for the Turbo, we developed this unit when the Turbos were released and is unique in its design, the option 3 11'' will hold 350 RWKW and yet drive very smooth with no shudder, cost is $1530The ACE option 3 Plus is an improvement over the Option 3 and features a Billet steel base plate and increased clamp in the Pressure Plate and the clutch plate features our unique insulated sprung hub and Premium composite organic facings, agian this clutch does not shudder and delivers amazing grip yet still hold 410 RWKW, cost is $1790The ACE option 4 is the same as the option 3 plus, but the clutch plate features a 10 cera/metallic disc for even greater holding, cost is $1890The ACE option 5 is a 10.5'' twin plate set up on our Billet Steel Flywheel with a Billet Steel intermeadiate plate, a pressure plate with a billet steel base plate, and solid centre bonded riveted clutch plates and will hold over 500 RWKW, cost is $2150All the clutch kits quoted come with an Alloy CSC, I hope this info helps.Regards,MAL WOOD MAL WOOD AUTOMOTIVE42 LYONS STREET WARWICK QLD07 46613548www.malwoodauto.com.au[email protected]Australia's TREMEC Specialists
envyxr Member 201 Member For: 17y 11m 5d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 01/10/09 06:58 AM Posted 01/10/09 06:58 AM Mal , I have had 1 of your option 3 clutches for about 7 months and it is certinly holding my 307 rwkw easy.I love it.I tell everyone about you product and cant praise it enough .
Santo New Member 10 Member For: 17y 4m 12d Posted 13/10/09 02:11 AM Posted 13/10/09 02:11 AM Hi,I will be up for a new clutch in the coming months, I'm guessing the option 3 will work well in a 'phoon with around 300 at the rears? What I'm mainly concerned about is what the pedal feel will be like in comparison and would you drop down from the twin plate to a single?cheers,santo
envyxr Member 201 Member For: 17y 11m 5d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 13/10/09 07:58 AM Posted 13/10/09 07:58 AM Santo the option 3 doesnt feel any different to standard ,pedal may feel slightly lighter
Santo New Member 10 Member For: 17y 4m 12d Posted 19/10/09 01:48 PM Posted 19/10/09 01:48 PM thanks for the reply.. hopefully shouldnt need to do it too soon, but I gotta feelin will def be in the next few months..
scat rat Inactive Members 1 Member For: 16y 3m 11d Posted 04/07/10 06:24 AM Posted 04/07/10 06:24 AM hi fellas looking for a new clutch for my BF turbo I was just wondering is anyone using a extreme carbon fibre clutch or if you have any feedback on them it would be much appreciated, cheers.
D-Money Member 2 Member For: 14y 11m 14d Posted 22/12/11 03:35 AM Posted 22/12/11 03:35 AM Does your option 5 and 6 twin plate clutch rattle? I have not heard of one aftermarket twin plate clutch (AP racing is not aftermarket) that doesn't rattle when the pedal is pushed in.I have a stock FG XR6T with 28000km, its 2008, and I bought it in september this year. recently I have noticed a rattle in the clutch. most noticeable at low speed, low RPM, 1st gear, when you put your foot on the clutch. ie, when parking or stopping at lights etc.it sounds like a rattle as if something is unloading and loading. it sounds like its from the clutch, and happens when I am putting my foot on the clutch so I am thinking something might be loose.should I be concerned? or the the rattle normal for these cars? I havent heard this type of rattle in other cars.the car drive fine, and the clutch holds the power.a guy I work with had a listen and isnt sure what it could be.any ideas?thanks
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 22/12/11 11:43 AM Posted 22/12/11 11:43 AM Is it 1 or 2 metallic clicks when engaging and disengaging the clutch in 1st or 2nd (while moving)? Everything I have read so far says it is normal on the tr6060 and nothing to worry about.
Recommended Posts