Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted (edited)

Hay ALL I'm looking at getting some 20s for my T and wanted to know what you guys (or Galls) are running in the way of tyre profile.... as my local "wheel man" says 245/35/20 will scrub... but a 225/35/20 would be fine... now 245s are getting burnt on a daily bases in the form of 245/45/18 so 225/35/20 are not even an option!

there is such and animal as a 245/30/20 but is a nankang piece of brown stuff that should be in the toilet!

19s on the other hand have any brand any size....

cheers

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Edited by Jmpin
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 4d
Posted

I know Falken in the FK452 do a 245/30R20 and even a 255/30R20 and for the last 6 months they've been a great tyre especially in the wet!! real grippy

  • Dr. Speed
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 2m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The land of Politicians, Public Servants, Porno & Pyrotechnics
Posted

I've got 225/35/R20 and they are fine. No scrub even on full lock. That all depends how low your car is however. 245's should fit on the back no worries.

I have Wanli tyres and they are sh1t in my opinion. Terrible in the rain (not sure if that is the tyres or the right foot's fault however)

In the dry they actually have a fair bit of grip, but every time you go around a corner just slightly fast, they sound like a 60's car chase. Going sideways makes a really nice loud squealing noise! It sucks....

I only got them because my “local tyre man” told me that they were only tyres correctly load rated for my car in that size. Yokohama make a set but apparently they are not load rated. I think Falken also do a set, so next time I will be looking out for one of those two.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted

they are way to skinny for a xr6t, no wonder they sound like a 60s car chase! my 245s (18s) get a betting as it is, I recon if I had 225s they would last me no more than 6 months and they would be smooth....... :surrenderwave: :nuke: :nuke:

I know Falken in the FK452 do a 245/30R20 and even a 255/30R20 and for the last 6 months they've been a great tyre especially in the wet!! real grippy

the 255/30R20 would be massive wouldn't it?!

so you run the 245/30R20 do you???

the local tyre man said he tried them on his ute with no joy.... the front off set would be them same I think.

ill have to ask about the falkens as he wanted to sell me nexens or nankangs.....

  • 1 month later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: left right out
Posted
I've got 225/35/R20 and they are fine. No scrub even on full lock. That all depends how low your car is however. 245's should fit on the back no worries.

I have Wanli tyres and they are sh1t in my opinion. Terrible in the rain (not sure if that is the tyres or the right foot's fault however)

In the dry they actually have a fair bit of grip, but every time you go around a corner just slightly fast, they sound like a 60's car chase. Going sideways makes a really nice loud squealing noise! It sucks....

I only got them because my “local tyre man” told me that they were only tyres correctly load rated for my car in that size. Yokohama make a set but apparently they are not load rated. I think Falken also do a set, so next time I will be looking out for one of those two.

I had plus 4's-apparently made by yokohama, and they would squeel at the sight of a corner! BUY CHEAP_GET CHEAP!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...