Jmpin Member 111 Member For: 19y 5d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 20/01/08 12:21 AM Posted 20/01/08 12:21 AM what sort of power can the old 4 speed auto handle.... I got an auto after never owning 1 before because of the T5 being weak.... still trying to get use to it..
end_user Member 12 Member For: 18y 8m 25d Location: Central Coast, NSW Posted 23/01/08 05:44 AM Posted 23/01/08 05:44 AM The 6 speed manual will happily handle that power as will the 6 speed auto (wasn't sure which you were referring to). In order to get that level of boost, you'll have to have a piggy back computer (ancient tech) or an EDIT flash tuner but yes, the computer should be able to control that boost fairly easily. Other parts may not be able to though.I was referring to the 6 spd manuals. So 15 psi is satisfactory for the engine and should give you good power increase. So a piggy back system is required? After reading around a bit, I found out that you need an after market cooler for anything over stock boost. I'd imagine that a bigger zaust system is required.What ECU.. ahh never mind I'll go take a look in electronics section. =)
Guest newl Guests Posted 23/01/08 06:42 AM Posted 23/01/08 06:42 AM Either a piggy back or a flash tuner (SCT CAPA Edit or one of the new Sniper flash tuners) are required, yes. If you don't have one of these and you crank up the boost, the computer will force things into limp mode for safety.
Jmpin Member 111 Member For: 19y 5d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 23/01/08 07:01 AM Posted 23/01/08 07:01 AM sorry to ask again but it seems I got missed.......what sort of power can the old 4 speed auto handle.... I got an auto after never owning 1 before because of the T5 being weak.... still trying to get use to it..
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 23/01/08 07:08 AM Posted 23/01/08 07:08 AM sorry to ask again but it seems I got missed.......what sort of power can the old 4 speed auto handle.... I got an auto after never owning 1 before because of the T5 being weak.... still trying to get use to it..not heaps mine gettin built now after 6 months at 280rwkw then it should be fine though
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now