hawlass Legacy Donating Member 1,161 Member For: 18y 10m 23d Gender: Male Location: left right out Posted 13/02/08 07:15 AM Posted 13/02/08 07:15 AM That doesn't sound like a partially strippped shaft to me mate! Definatly eletrical fault-this is good!-means no squeaky second fit dash. Let them have a go at fixing the eletrical fault but tell them not to strip the dash out !!! Could this be in the ICC-ideas anyone? - if so , then a simple fix one would hope, just a few taps of thier laptop.
ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m 1d Posted 17/05/08 11:13 PM Author Posted 17/05/08 11:13 PM The saga continues.The problem with the air vents not changing has happened 6 times since my first post. Each time the next day everything works as it should and always on a weekend.Well last week is did it on a Monday so I into the dealer and the head mechanic climbed under the dash and agreed the only thing to do is pull the dash and see what the problem is.So this Wednesday in it goes for the work which I have checked and in covered under the extended warranty I bought. I know and Ive heard all the warnings it won't go back together the same and rattles. But its annoying and I would rather get it fixed while the warranty is still good.
Tree Monkey Member 685 Member For: 18y 9m 23d Gender: Male Location: brisvagas / Manly Posted 18/05/08 12:41 PM Posted 18/05/08 12:41 PM I removed my dash and replaced it and it only took me 3hrs in total they are a pice of piss to do and if it rattles it is up to them to fix that to as they caused the problem(if it does happen). ask them if they are removing the dash can they change the shaft as a precaution anyway.
ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m 1d Posted 18/05/08 10:28 PM Author Posted 18/05/08 10:28 PM (edited) that's a good idea to get the shaft replaced regardless, thanks.The mechanic told the service guy to book it in for a day. I said I would have to let them know which day was suitable. The mechanic left me with the service guy. The SG then said they would require the car for 2 days just as a precaution if they found anything else. The SG said its ok because he would arrange a courtesy car. That of course then limits me to what day the car was available.So I just booked the single day over the phone, so lets see what happens. Edited 18/05/08 10:29 PM by ColinT
ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m 1d Posted 21/05/08 03:33 AM Author Posted 21/05/08 03:33 AM Well the car went into Ford today.Within 2hrs I recieved a call to say the H.I.M. (heater interface module????) has to be replaced and as it is an extended warrenty claim they have to get Ford approval.So I had to book the car in again next week to have the obvious work done.
ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m 1d Posted 27/05/08 04:15 AM Author Posted 27/05/08 04:15 AM Well just had the car returned from Ford after the replacement of the heater module. All covered under the xtended warranty.I must admit the damper aren't as noisey changing now. All the dash appears to have gone back together ok.BUT in saying that there were 2 30mm plated screws on the back floor. So I returned to the dealer and asked them to explain where they came from.The mechanic recognised them as the screws that hold the rear of the console down.Can anyone tell me if I get the car serviced elsewhere does that effect the extended warranty?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now