Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The marsh...
Posted

G'day guys.

I'm in need of a bit of help. The steering on my BA mk2 is starting to clunk. It's only one clunk and it is pretty noticable, it only happens at slow speed and when I'm moving to full lock (generally when I reverse out of my driveway).

I've done a search and only found info about shuddering, nothing I've found relates to just one clunk at slow speeds and tight turns.

I've recently upgraded the swaybars but the cluck was there before I did this but it has been getting worse.

I don't really want ford to find the problem I'd rather find it and tell them exactly what to fix. Previous experiance shows they spend too much time looking for ways to not cover problems under warrenty then they do actually fixin them.

I'm gonna get the car back on the ramps and make sure everything is at the right torque and make sure the sway bars aren't the cause before I take it to them.

Is there anything else I should be checking out while I'm under there???

Thanks for any help,

Luke

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Shire Sydney AUS
Posted

There is a fix for this at ford, warranty fix LOL !

All they do is put a shim in between your Steering Rack and the alloy crosmember that rack is bolted up to..

Fraud should fix this "no questions asked" type thing.

In saying that it could also be a number of other things depending on the amount of K's on your car, check all your bushes for any signs of wear and tear . and go from there !

Pete

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The marsh...
Posted

Cheers mate!

I doubt it would be wear n tear the car has only just clocked over 20,000...

  • Well-Hard Bangin' Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perff, WA
Posted

what's the chance of them doing this out of warranty???

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

I'd say next to nothing....hard enough to get the f*ckers to fix something WITHIN warranty :kewlpics:

  • The Cleaning Dudes Ute
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Bentleigh, Vic, Australia
Posted

Yea totally agree with you tab.

Ive owned my T for a little over 6 months now and I've been to fraud 3 times to fix this issue.

Each time it seems ok driving out, then pops up again when I get home lol. :bangcomputer:

I just bought some new rims and I can't put them on until they ACTUALLY fix the issue. Otherwise they'll say "the knock is from the rims buddddy!" - WARRANTY VOID

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The marsh...
Posted

Yeah I've got rims and swaybars, so it will be interesting to hear some of their excuses to not fix it...

Considering the last time I had a knock they wanted to refuse warenty because they thought the whole engine and driveline had been removed because of an accident... bunch of morons

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 28d
Posted

Not knowing how load you call a clunk.

I recently had a steering noise fixed on my T. Just took it in thinnking Ford will want the car another day, but to my surprise they fixed it there and then.

The mechanic started the engine me by the front gaurd him in the door opening, turned the steering wheel left and right and I could hear the clunk. Easy fixed he said. Onto the lift under he went and returned the car to me.

He said all they do is to loosen the fixed point of the steering rack and retighten it.

All fixed.

  • 6 months later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 11d
Posted
G'day guys.

I'm in need of a bit of help. The steering on my BA mk2 is starting to clunk. It's only one clunk and it is pretty noticable, it only happens at slow speed and when I'm moving to full lock (generally when I reverse out of my driveway).

yeah mate ive got this same exact problem any one got any ideas is really giving me the :nutkick:

  • Drift Queen
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 12d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Perth
Posted

yer I got the same problem but I got big heavy 20's on would that be the problem, mainly in reverse

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...