Ute Tool Box

XR6T8080

• Member For: 17y 6m 29d

gday,

Im after some ideas for tool boxes for the back of my ba turbo ute. just won some alloy bars off ebay for $355 (I know friggin cheap !!!)so now the next thing is I'll probably loose the tanneu cover all together.

I want to get a tool box that probably sits on one side so I can pull everything out and get the front wheel of my motorbike still up against one of the front corners of the tray, without removing the toolbox.

Just after ideas at this stage, im not really sure of exactly what kinds of things are suited to these utes. I'll probably end up knocking up something myself.

Anybody had stuff pinched out of the back of their ute? I usually have 4 small step ladders in the back, but there under the tanneu cover so im wondering if anybody would bother pinching them if they were visible. The tool box would be for my power tools so they'd be locked away. only thing that would be visible would be my spray (which nobody would be able to use anyways) and the ladders.

I havnt seen it but I reckon a black solid plastic one to match the tray liner would look pretty good, im not going to shell out the $$ to buy a checker plate one, and they'd weigh a ton anyways.

• Member For: 16y 5m 28d

ive been lookin into the same thing for my ute as I have a BA ute with a trade mate tray so tools are lockable. but now with the new bf xr6t theres no way of safely sercuing tools at the moment until I get cash together for a hard lid.

even though have a lockable toolbox in the tray, with the soft cover there isnt anything stopping people from just takin the whole toolbox :(

Edited by thommo2007

ah right, cool. I thought I had read somewhere on here people sayin not to screw it down cos the metal is only thin could tear out etc.

• Member For: 17y 6m 29d
sorry guys

I was going to do something similar but maybe get the toolbox and grind out the area where the mud guard is and slide it on top of the mud guard so I dont waste too much space, then screw it to the floor.

I'll be getting a shorter one than yours though.

this is what I have so far. just the timber slots to seperate my stuff and stop it moving around. that's jsut a few items in their at the moment

post-13383-1196569098_thumb.jpg

post-13383-1196569113_thumb.jpg

• Member For: 19y 10m 5d
I was going to do something similar but maybe get the toolbox and grind out the area where the mud guard is and slide it on top of the mud guard so I dont waste too much space, then screw it to the floor.

Yep way to go but just remember to cut a wheel arch into the tool box so the wheel turns FRAUD did put them (wheel arches) or mudguards as you call them there for nothing

• Member For: 19y 2m 5d

I did exactly that. The passenger side one needs two cutouts, one for the guard and another for the fuel filler. I have two boxes and still fit the bike in no worries. The tonneu goes on over them but you dont use the hoops any more. Mine just sit in the shed as the turbo dosn't tow or carry anything any more.