Carps Member 61 Member For: 18y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Caloundra, QLD Posted 24/01/08 01:00 AM Author Posted 24/01/08 01:00 AM I have no idea why I thought there was white plastic behind the flaps, I had a look once and just assumed... Turns out it was silver tape, what drugs was I on?! Anyway, they're off now, and I'm really happy with the sound of the exhaust now too.
SKTZ.6 Member 10 Member For: 18y 8m 17d Gender: Male Location: western suburbs Posted 24/01/08 06:26 AM Posted 24/01/08 06:26 AM love your ute man , tailgate looks nice an clean de-badged considerd loosing the ford badge aswell?
Carps Member 61 Member For: 18y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Caloundra, QLD Posted 24/01/08 08:08 AM Author Posted 24/01/08 08:08 AM Yeah definitely considered getting rid of the ford badge, but that costs money, and I don't think it's worth it personally. I don't mind it anyway, lets people know what they're being beaten by :D
Carps Member 61 Member For: 18y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Caloundra, QLD Posted 12/02/08 04:40 AM Author Posted 12/02/08 04:40 AM ASE Intercooler arrived today (thanks Adam), and will be installed tomorrow, and custom tuned by Elite on Thursday.
xrrob Member 14 Member For: 19y 10m 13d Location: brisbane Posted 12/02/08 05:46 AM Posted 12/02/08 05:46 AM sweet ride mate
Carps Member 61 Member For: 18y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Caloundra, QLD Posted 13/02/08 09:34 AM Author Posted 13/02/08 09:34 AM Installed the intercooler this afternoon, took about 3 hours all up and went pretty smoothly. Got a nice surprise to find that it has PWR trans coolers installed (apparently that's what they are), so that was good. All in all, we had to drill 2 holes and do some grinding to get it to fit, but it's solid as a rock. Off to Elite tomorrow to get custom tuned and then I should be happy for 6 months. The bloke in the photos is my mate who is conveniently a Ford mechanic.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 13/02/08 09:48 AM Posted 13/02/08 09:48 AM Good to see it all went smoothly Phil.It's a good cooler I'm sure it perform well!
Carps Member 61 Member For: 18y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Caloundra, QLD Posted 14/02/08 09:17 AM Author Posted 14/02/08 09:17 AM (edited) Started the day with 238kw untuned. That's a gain of 29kw from the intercooler, centre muffler removal and K&N air filter.Ended up with a nice and tuned 254.9 rwkw. It feels normal up to 3000rpm, and then it just pushes you into the back of the seat.... but I already want more!Elite were really good, Paul's a great bloke and was really helpful. I'll definitely be going back for any more work I need done. The car was tuned by Tim, and it was obvious he really knew what he was doing. I'd definitely recommend them for any work you need done, I know I'll be going back. Edited 14/02/08 09:18 AM by Carps
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 14/02/08 09:29 AM Posted 14/02/08 09:29 AM Sounds like you're happy with the cooler Phil.Well done on the results.
Carps Member 61 Member For: 18y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Caloundra, QLD Posted 14/02/08 09:33 AM Author Posted 14/02/08 09:33 AM Here are the dyno sheets.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now