Brooksy-BFXR6T Member 14 Member For: 14y 4m 10d Posted 21/08/13 04:01 AM Posted 21/08/13 04:01 AM So who in Mackay is good to go to for things like valve springs & porting mod? I'm about to start doing some things to my BF, and I've been out of the game a while.I'll be getting Dave to tune it if possible, so just after the harder mechanical issues.
Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 9m 23d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 21/08/13 08:18 AM Posted 21/08/13 08:18 AM I would probably ask Dave who he recommends to do the work. He did my porting ect himself but I'm a long term customer and he has tuned 3 falcons for me. As for valve springs from memory he didn't recommend any mackay shops which I was surprised at. He actually recommended some brissy shops. I live in Bilo so it was just as easy to drive to brissy as it was to drive to mackay
Brooksy-BFXR6T Member 14 Member For: 14y 4m 10d Posted 21/08/13 11:52 AM Posted 21/08/13 11:52 AM (edited) True... he tuned my old BA, but I dont know that he would remember that... Will need to have a talk to him anyway sooner or later. Know if he can still tune gay series 1 flash boxes?He still using Clappo's dyno? I have heard good and bad things from Clappo, but he's about the only one I've ever been near that I would hand my keys to.Anyone have oppinions of the one on Archibald St... Dyno... Something? Edited 21/08/13 11:54 AM by Brooksy-BFXR6T
Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 9m 23d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 21/08/13 08:27 PM Posted 21/08/13 08:27 PM Na can't tune with the series 1 flash box. But he sells the series 3 xcal at a good price. He's not using the same dyno as he used too just around the corner from his place. He now uses a shops over in the industrial area near Hastings ect, can't remember the bloke atm...
Brooksy-BFXR6T Member 14 Member For: 14y 4m 10d Posted 22/08/13 03:23 AM Posted 22/08/13 03:23 AM Yeah, would be Clappo I'm pretty sure. Clappo's dyno used to be near his place, then he moved it to his new shop in Paget.
Ribby Member 75 Member For: 14y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Gladstone QLD Posted 25/08/13 08:43 PM Posted 25/08/13 08:43 PM test and tune at Benaraby this Friday time for a run. 1
welshy_89 Member 131 Member For: 15y 2m 6d Posted 25/08/13 11:35 PM Posted 25/08/13 11:35 PM See u out there ribby, itll be pretty busy though I reckon...
Ribby Member 75 Member For: 14y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Gladstone QLD Posted 26/08/13 08:09 AM Posted 26/08/13 08:09 AM u driving welshy? let me know ill look out for ya
Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 9m 23d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 26/08/13 08:53 AM Posted 26/08/13 08:53 AM if hes there ribby you wont miss him, only falcon that will be running 10s haha
welshy_89 Member 131 Member For: 15y 2m 6d Posted 26/08/13 11:27 AM Posted 26/08/13 11:27 AM Bahahahah nah man won't be racing, as imo while I don't want to put u off I reckon it'll be Fuging busy and ull struggle to get more then 3 runs in, I hope u get more but with the amount of ppl coming from everwere for apsa it's gonna be hecticly antiseptic... Plus keeping the box in good nick for powercruise and it's my birthday so I'm gonna get sh*tfaced, I'll keep an eye out for u though and come over and introduce myself...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now