J2Racing Member 70 Member For: 19y 6m 6d Posted 23/10/07 06:46 AM Posted 23/10/07 06:46 AM Hi guys, im heading out to the annual Boostcruising drag day on sunday, and wanted to run a few things over with you guys, im rightly pissed that I couldnt crack a 13 sec pass on my first outing, coming damn close with a 14.04 @ 103.4mph.I WANT THAT 13!!so heres what I was thinking, pull out anything unnecessary, spare tyre, back seat, any bits and pieces in the car (cds etc) to get the weight down as much as possible, ive fitted a pod filter to it (just where the air box was, yes I know I get heat soak) and was considering removing the headlight and bodgying up a cai out of some decent diameter plumbing tubing, plus dropping tyre pressure to around 20 psi.Is there any other hints or tips that you guys could offer to get me the best possible time out there on sunday? also, what would be the optimal temp to run the car at, im thinking around the 1/4 mark on the temp gauge, but a bit unsure, any help u guys could offer would be great.Thanks in advance guys, and hope to see a few brisbanites out there on Sunday!
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 23/10/07 07:05 AM Posted 23/10/07 07:05 AM Edit with generic tune would get you a 13.Edit with a custom tune would probably get you a 12
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 23/10/07 07:10 AM Posted 23/10/07 07:10 AM
J2Racing Member 70 Member For: 19y 6m 6d Posted 23/10/07 07:11 AM Author Posted 23/10/07 07:11 AM Agreed, unfortunately I dont have 700 odd bucks to throw at the car at the moment
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 5m 3d Gender: Male Posted 23/10/07 07:14 AM Posted 23/10/07 07:14 AM All that effort to crack a 13 lol, most people do that fro a low 10 or 9 sec pass not a 13.My mate run a 13.9 in his stock T and its a manual.just chuck a set of Mts on that should help out.Sorry for the laughing but its just funny to hear.
J2Racing Member 70 Member For: 19y 6m 6d Posted 23/10/07 07:20 AM Author Posted 23/10/07 07:20 AM ^^haha, oh no I totally agree, and im sure without doing a single thing, I could run a high 13 if I get a good reaction time and launch, I just want to make completely and utterly sure of it, plus there are a few grudge matches on the day, so the quicker the better
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 5m 3d Gender: Male Posted 23/10/07 07:24 AM Posted 23/10/07 07:24 AM ha ha good to see you can take it as a laugh, do you stall the car up when you launch?If you have a boost gauge try watching the boost when stalling, put your foot hard on the brake, then slowly lower your right foot watching the boost once the boost starts to creep get of the brake and let that sucker launch.
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 5m 3d Gender: Male Posted 23/10/07 07:25 AM Posted 23/10/07 07:25 AM (edited) oh yeah do it all in performance drive. Edited 23/10/07 07:26 AM by YPURV4
sutty Mushroom Legacy Donating Member 799 Member For: 22y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: THORNLANDS, QLD Posted 23/10/07 07:37 AM Posted 23/10/07 07:37 AM ^^haha, oh no I totally agree, and im sure without doing a single thing, I could run a high 13 if I get a good reaction time and launch, I just want to make completely and utterly sure of it, plus there are a few grudge matches on the day, so the quicker the betterMate, reaction time has absolutely nothing to do with ET. You can sit at the start for 20secs and still run a 13. Your time doesn't start until you break the beam.
J2Racing Member 70 Member For: 19y 6m 6d Posted 23/10/07 07:39 AM Author Posted 23/10/07 07:39 AM actually I do have a boost gauge!! a 15 psi (overkill much?) gaugeworks one, ive even got the vacuum hose and t-piece for it!!! looks great sitting on my hutch, would look better in the car, pity I have noooo idea how to hook it up :(
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now