Guest Mac_Dude Guests Posted 18/06/03 01:01 AM Posted 18/06/03 01:01 AM I dropped in to three local dealers last week to get a few quotes on an XR6 and XR6T.All said no worries and I would get a fax (e-mail from one) within 2 days.A week later and not a peep!I know the site has a Melbourne sponsor, but they are way on the other side of town which is a pain if their are any warranty issues (I'm in outer eastern melb).Is this the norm for car dealers these days, or should I have dressed up in my business suit befor I dropped in?
hammer007 Legacy Donating Member 149 Member For: 23y 6m 27d Location: Canberra Posted 18/06/03 01:34 AM Posted 18/06/03 01:34 AM I have found it sometimes takes dealers a lot to be convinced you are serious. I always make a point of going in person ( and yes during the day because a suit gives you more credibility ) and then following that up with a phone call or fax.The dealers don't need to do a lot of work to sell the T so they are not chasing leads. Keep ringing them up - you'll get a quote eventually. Make sure you've done your homework - if you can tell them exactly what you want in terms of options they don't have to do much work - easier sale for them.I've also found carrying a cheque book in your hand is useful sign
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 18/06/03 02:40 AM Posted 18/06/03 02:40 AM I found going on the Ford web site and going to 'Virtual Showroom' and making up an order, adding in your options, etc. Print it off then go and see them in person. Then they will see your serious and will be serious too.Also ring first and get the name of the salesperson you talk too and ask for them when you go in person.
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/06/03 02:45 AM Posted 18/06/03 02:45 AM Also ring first and get the name of the salesperson you talk too and ask for them when you go in person. I found that this really helped.I called my dealer just asking to test drive an XR8.Told him I'd be down in 30 mins, which I was.I was there in time, so he knew I was serious.I've never had a more pleasant experience dealing with a sales man.Damn, I even got a better price by about $800 and I still stayed loyal.
junior Member 95 Member For: 23y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Kellyville, Sydney Posted 18/06/03 12:29 PM Posted 18/06/03 12:29 PM Hey Cro where did you buy from in Sydney I'm looking around but not one dealer knows their products real well. They have no idea about the cars they sell as well as options, they just say ' I will have to check that and get back to you'.......... loserssorry to jump topics
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 18/06/03 11:16 PM Posted 18/06/03 11:16 PM Hey Cro where did you buy from in Sydney I'm looking around but not one dealer knows their products real well. They have no idea about the cars they sell as well as options, they just say ' I will have to check that and get back to you'.......... loserssorry to jump topics g'day junior-try simon hunt at city ford -city branch
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/06/03 11:30 PM Posted 18/06/03 11:30 PM Hey Cro where did you buy from in Sydney I'm looking around but not one dealer knows their products real well. They have no idea about the cars they sell as well as options, they just say ' I will have to check that and get back to you'.......... loserssorry to jump topicsg'day junior-try simon hunt at city ford -city branch I didn't actually buy from City Ford, but the service I recieved from them was exceptional.I am sure they will be able to help you out
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now