Turbo777 Member 19 Member For: 19y 3m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/09/07 05:07 AM Posted 24/09/07 05:07 AM As the description says, my mate has a BA turbo ute and has a CAPA flash tuner. Can I use it on my BF turbo??? Am I an idiot for asking this question???
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 24/09/07 05:10 AM Posted 24/09/07 05:10 AM the two cars have a large difference in their programming, bf is much more complex, it won't worksomeone correct me if I'm wrong...
stealthxr Legacy Donating Member 553 Member For: 20y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: The Shire Sydney AUS Posted 24/09/07 05:17 AM Posted 24/09/07 05:17 AM I wont work period, each capa flash unit is VIN locked. so No it cant be done whether it be BA to BA or any other car for that Matter.pete
Turbo777 Member 19 Member For: 19y 3m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/09/07 05:41 AM Author Posted 24/09/07 05:41 AM Cool. Good to know. Thanks guys. Guess I'll have to purchase my own then. It's a new BF so I'm a bit concerned about ford knowing about it even if I flash it back before servicing. Will they know?
Guest newl Guests Posted 24/09/07 05:45 AM Posted 24/09/07 05:45 AM With the BF, yes, they would know. The easiest thing to do is be up front and honest with them.
Turbo777 Member 19 Member For: 19y 3m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/09/07 06:37 AM Author Posted 24/09/07 06:37 AM Won't that just completely void my warranty though
urslow Resident golf buggy drift champion Legacy Donating Member 815 Member For: 20y 11m 19d Location: Lismore NSW Posted 24/09/07 06:43 AM Posted 24/09/07 06:43 AM YES. U can use his Flash unit but it would involve him flashing it back to standard and you taking the unit to a Tuner and having it made to suit your car.
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 17d Gender: Male Posted 24/09/07 06:46 AM Posted 24/09/07 06:46 AM (edited) yeh with the BF u can flash it back to stock for servicing.. but if anything breaks, that's the first thing they will look for.Mate in my experience, with my gearbox feeling like poo when shifting, they said "it's within spec"!so with those needle d*cks your warranty isnt worth much! Edited 24/09/07 06:46 AM by SCRIBR
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now