XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 6d Gender: Male Posted 07/09/07 01:17 AM Posted 07/09/07 01:17 AM same, tc was a major player in my smashed cv (not the same as diff, but it is still at the rear.)
SDWAYZ Member 103 Member For: 20y 3m 5d Posted 07/09/07 01:38 AM Posted 07/09/07 01:38 AM I had a V8 windsor powered XR8 au2 ute. I just popped a 9 inch in it and it never gave a drama after that. Good choice of ratios too. Wish it was that simple for a sedan too! Good luck with it.
TornadoJudd Legacy Donating Member 818 Member For: 20y 7m 13d Posted 07/09/07 02:46 AM Posted 07/09/07 02:46 AM I had a V8 windsor powered XR8 au2 ute. I just popped a 9 inch in it and it never gave a drama after that. Good choice of ratios too. Wish it was that simple for a sedan too! Good luck with it.got anypics of the diff mate? How much did the conversion cost and whats involved?
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/09/07 05:28 AM Posted 07/09/07 05:28 AM not that I am an expert or anything but I bet that played a big part in it going twoing... all 4 times I broke/smashed my rear end it was on and twice I noticed that TC would cut in just before the boom my theory from experience was that the TC cuts the power (to stop the spin) then flicks off and you have a full XXX amount of torque being thrown at the rear end (somewhat like dumping the clutch at 5000rpm) now if I plan on giving it a big hit I make sure TC is off... and nothing has broken in a while (touch wood)If it's applying the brake to one wheel as well through all this it certainly wouldn't help much.
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 9m 21d Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 07/09/07 01:59 PM Posted 07/09/07 01:59 PM TC applies the rear brake when it is under 60kph from memory (that's any wheel spin in 1st for the manuals)
04RSD Member 78 Member For: 19y 11m 28d Posted 09/09/07 09:37 PM Author Posted 09/09/07 09:37 PM well ford have given me another diff, wich is very nice of them to turn a blind eye to the fact it is modded.BUTdana cannot supply me a diff, so like the last time ford had my car it will be a MONTH before I get one.im towing it home today and then towing it back when the diff turns up cos I hate it sitting where I cant bodyguard it.yay I suppose.this really tested my patience with the ute I was so close to trading it in on a focus.I thought if the diffs cant handle 285 how the hell is it gfoing to hang on to 330+ when I fit my plazmaman and exhaust ( wich is still sitting in my spare room )
TornadoJudd Legacy Donating Member 818 Member For: 20y 7m 13d Posted 10/09/07 12:05 AM Posted 10/09/07 12:05 AM Not bad of Frendeleys to give you another diff under warranty. I havnt had a diff break on me yet and Ive done 78k but I dont have TC
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 6d Gender: Male Posted 10/09/07 12:53 AM Posted 10/09/07 12:53 AM there are alot of people running ALOT of power with unmodified diffs..I'd just avoid TC if I was you.can someone confirm that tc applies the brake below 60kph?? that sounds like a stupid idea..
04RSD Member 78 Member For: 19y 11m 28d Posted 13/09/07 10:10 AM Author Posted 13/09/07 10:10 AM well its back in my garage BROKENill wait till they have my diff in stock then tow it back in.my tranny cooler and nizpro flex plate went in while it was off the road too ( with help from a couple of flat bed trucks )com' on end of month
accelrate Legacy Donating Member 47 Member For: 18y 1m 6d Posted 16/10/08 02:55 AM Posted 16/10/08 02:55 AM LOL. I'm on my third diff, first one was changed because apparently the bearings were whining too much. I don't know it still drove alright. About 2000k's after that it was changed again, it all went bang. LOL. And here's the kicker. LOL. I have a BF NA XR6 E-Gas. LOL, no mods. Nothing. 86k and counting. We'll see if this one lasts
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now