Sly_Bastard Member 72 Member For: 19y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brissy Posted 29/08/07 04:09 AM Posted 29/08/07 04:09 AM Ok, Got my car booked in for a Capa Box and a RDP generic tune but what I was wondering is what else you would change to ensure the generic tune worked properly??Would you gap the spark plugs before or after the tune? Would you change to a K&N filter?? AnChange oil to a high performance oil??What would you guys do prior to getting the Capa box with the generic tune to ensure that there are no problems??Am doing a power run at least after to ensure AF mix is all good!!!!
Guest newl Guests Posted 29/08/07 05:34 AM Posted 29/08/07 05:34 AM Fuel filter is probably a wise idea to make sure is done. I'd think that making sure hose clamps are secure and snug as well as gapping the plugs (presuming you'll be running the 10PSI generic map) would be a good idea too.
Sly_Bastard Member 72 Member For: 19y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brissy Posted 29/08/07 05:41 AM Author Posted 29/08/07 05:41 AM Fuel filter is probably a wise idea to make sure is done. I'd think that making sure hose clamps are secure and snug as well as gapping the plugs (presuming you'll be running the 10PSI generic map) would be a good idea too.Nope RDP is only high 8psi. that's all I want atm :D
Guest newl Guests Posted 29/08/07 06:00 AM Posted 29/08/07 06:00 AM You might also want to verify with them if the lower temperature thermostat is also required when using their generic tunes.
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 29/08/07 08:53 AM Posted 29/08/07 08:53 AM give your driveline some lovin to because its goin to cop all the new power 'service trans and diff
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 29/08/07 09:51 AM Posted 29/08/07 09:51 AM Mate dont worry to much about it. Get car tuned and run on dyno to see if all is OK. My car has not needed clamps, or plugs regapped or anything for a 10 PSI tune. It is however custom tuned and the feeling of knowing AFR are all good having had it run on a dyno is the best insurance.Scotty
DORKO Member 340 Member For: 19y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 29/08/07 02:06 PM Posted 29/08/07 02:06 PM I got a capa box from KPM last week and ran the 10PSI tune. The AFR was in the 13's so ive gone done to the 8 PSI. One thing is for sure tight your clamps and change the wire clamps to the screw ones. If you got a BF I dont believe you need to gap the plugs. I havent nor has a few people on here. Also enjoy the boost! I still love the sound and not to mention the power. But as mention before on these forums, the capa generic tunes are a demo / taster of what your car can do. After you run the 10 PSI I reckon you will want a custom tune. Because the power is just unbelievable for a genric tune, but image what you could get on a custom. Dorko
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 10m 27d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 29/08/07 02:09 PM Posted 29/08/07 02:09 PM I got a capa box from KPM last week and ran the 10PSI tune. The AFR was in the 13's so ive gone done to the 8 PSI. One thing is for sure tight your clamps and change the wire clamps to the screw ones. If you got a BF I dont believe you need to gap the plugs. I havent nor has a few people on here. Also enjoy the boost! I still love the sound and not to mention the power. But as mention before on these forums, the capa generic tunes are a demo / taster of what your car can do. After you run the 10 PSI I reckon you will want a custom tune. Because the power is just unbelievable for a genric tune, but image what you could get on a custom. Dorko
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now