cunners Member 141 Member For: 21y 7m 3d Location: Perth Western Australia Posted 28/08/07 01:19 AM Posted 28/08/07 01:19 AM (edited) Hi EveryoneIt's been a while since I posted here last but I need your help guys.Just had my 90k service and last night I noticed that I had lost a lot of power and that there was an unusual hissing or fluttering sound after changing up gears.I'm not very mechanically minded unfortunately but could it be a loose hose or something??I'm on holiday and supposed to be going driving to Dunsbourough (about 3.5hrs south of Perth) and am now hesitant with this issue.Can anyone please shed some light before I get on the phone to Ford - even if it's so I look like I know what I'm talking about a little better.Thanks in advance Edited 28/08/07 01:20 AM by cunners
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 28/08/07 01:23 AM Posted 28/08/07 01:23 AM check the rubber house coupling between the throttle body and inlet plenum (the black bit on top of the engine) fraud servie are notorious for leaving this loose or not installing in correctly after servicing..
cunners Member 141 Member For: 21y 7m 3d Location: Perth Western Australia Posted 28/08/07 01:41 AM Author Posted 28/08/07 01:41 AM OK - I've noticed that there is a loose connection from the first intercooler hose to the metal pipe (not the turbo itself)... I'm assuming this is my problem and will give the Ford spastics a call.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 28/08/07 01:42 AM Posted 28/08/07 01:42 AM Sounds like it.... make them come to you to fix it. you dont want your car sucking dust on the drive back there....
Soul Reaver Member 136 Member For: 22y 1m 21d Gender: Male Location: Syd Posted 28/08/07 03:15 AM Posted 28/08/07 03:15 AM I found this one out as well, thanks FORD NOT!!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now