20's On A Phoon

Hectic Dude

• Member For: 17y 2m 15d
hey guys I dont have a phoon as such but I do have the ute version..... the tornado and just recently put 20's on it and even managed 2 get 295's under the rear's. ride quality was about the same I had the standard phoon 18's b4. and now ive changed the suspension set up aswell, put bilstien coilovers on the front n dropped it a lil bit. and now its alot firmer but still comfortable.

I'm amazed you got them Avanti Vienna's to fit over the Brembo's, I tried them on my ute and they hit the 6 piston calipers. Have you got 4 piston or 6 piston Brembo's on your ute? Can we have a side on pic please? Stunning ute mate.

Regards Bob

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 20d
Get 19's................. tyres are cheaper........

I have;

Front - 20 x 8.5" running 245/30-20 Yoko Advans

Rear - 20 x 9.5" running 275/35-20 Toyo Proxes T1-R

The fronts are standard rolling diameter, the rears with these tyres are out about 4% (they read 4km/h lower than what you are actually doing). However, I have checked it with a GPS - my speedo is now spot-on accurate. From factory, our things are actually doing around 96km/h at 100 so mine is now accurate.

I have standard suspension all round. I had to roll my guards at the rear and the 275's are still scraping around high-load or bumpy corners. It sits up a little more at the rear given the bigger diameter but to me, it actually looks quite good and not really that noticeable. It would be better to bring it down a little at the rear (beware the tyre scrape if you do and extra loading on your CV's for those with big power) - it may actually help to reduce the diagonal pitching that it has now from factory - replace to better shocks would help too.

The ride is a little rougher but my biggest concern is having no sidewall on the fronts (be very careful!) and having to run around 40psi does nothing to help ride comfort.

I just did the calculation and you are right with the ride height!! Spun out. Anyways if you go 20's I reckon lowering if definately required. Phoon's dont look too bad but T's... definately lower. put 20's on then see what you think.

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 30d
hey guys I dont have a phoon as such but I do have the ute version..... the tornado and just recently put 20's on it and even managed 2 get 295's under the rear's. ride quality was about the same I had the standard phoon 18's b4. and now ive changed the suspension set up aswell, put bilstien coilovers on the front n dropped it a lil bit. and now its alot firmer but still comfortable.

Your ute looks amazing. Good job :blush:

• Member For: 17y 9m 29d

I put 20" d'Vinci Lox wheels with Falken FK452 245/35R20 tyres on my F6. With standard suspension the front tyres touched the guards on bends with uneven surfaces. So I fitted Bilstein shocks and a 27mm Whiteline front sway bar. Now the tyres only touch on tight bends with bad bumps. Otherwise, it's an awesome combination.

After a coupla thousand k's it sat low at the front with the rear at about standard ride height. Now, it's a little lower at both ends. Looks aggresive. These are big cars. 20"s suit 'em.

• Member For: 16y 11m 7d
I'm amazed you got them Avanti Vienna's to fit over the Brembo's, I tried them on my ute and they hit the 6 piston calipers. Have you got 4 piston or 6 piston Brembo's on your ute? Can we have a side on pic please? Stunning ute mate.

Regards Bob

ive just got the 4 piston Brembos, ive got more room then the standard 18's