New Guy From The Uk

Big Gaz

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 10m 5d
  • Location: Scotland originally but living and working down near London

Cheers for the welcome and advice guys. I think I'll like it here :)

Most places I go I get a lot of looks and I enjoy telling people about it, but it gets a little frustrating explaining for the nth time that its not Yank. I even had one old boy open my door just after I parked up and almost drag me out wanting to ask me about it.

I'd love to get it on TopGear but at the minute I'm going through that precious stage with the car and every little mark or ding is noted with something close to horror :roflmbo: I never imported the car, it was bought by a company director as a toy from a garage in QLD and imported by himself it was used in the last year mostly by his missus as a shopping cart. It only had about 8000 miles on the clock from 3 years ownership. Since I've had it for the last 4 weeks its done another 2000 miles :bangcomputer:

The car is great for around here the only thing is that on wet days you need to be careful as the back end goes out to easily, which is fun when you want to but erm....... interesting if you are not expecting it

Since I posted I've had an email back from a company over here that used to import Falcons to the UK and they say they can edit/flash/remap the ECU which also removes the restriction as well as gives more power, so will investigate that.

One last question just now, at around 50mph and 59mpg 80-95km/h I get a hum from behind me, its only at those speeds. At first I thought it was a wheel bearing but after listening closely (and the fact that its only at those speeds makes me think its something else possibly the fuel pump as when I lift off the accelerator it stops, would this be right or am I likely to have a more serious problem?

Cheers

Garrick

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 20d
One last question just now, at around 50mph and 59mpg 80-95km/h I get a hum from behind me, its only at those speeds. At first I thought it was a wheel bearing but after listening closely (and the fact that its only at those speeds makes me think its something else possibly the fuel pump as when I lift off the accelerator it stops, would this be right or am I likely to have a more serious problem?

Cheers

Garrick

:nono: gongrats Gaz Nice choice

Get yourself some sort of Edit, im sure one of the sponsors can help you out here ,

250ish to keep it at as healthy as possible, Just use good quality oils through out the car , do your Diff ASAP and you should get some longevity out of it

You say there might be a tuner in the U.K, You could also ask them if there willing to contact tuners From Oz for some sort of

direction in tunning, It be rare to see any let alone tune any, that's when all the fun begins, anyways there heaps of Info on

here to get you there.

Pete

250ish to keep it at as healthy as possible, Just use good quality oils through out the car , do your Diff ASAP and you should get some longevity out of it

Pete

What is needing done to the diff, stripdown and rebuild or just an oil change?

Also what lubes for engines diffs etc. do you guys recommend? I'll do a search but thought I'll ask while I'm here.

Garrick

just the oil..

Cheers mate will check out getting it done ASAP.

Garrick

• Member For: 19y 10m 4d
just the oil..

Hope it is just the oil

I had 2 diffs in my 2 BA utes surely FRAUD would not replace them instead of the oil :crybaby:

But Hope for your sake living in NONASSIELAND that it is only oil all the best with your new toy and you enjoy Mick

• Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds
  • Member For: 19y 8m 14d

Wow that's awesome to see an Aussie ute over there! Good lucky with it all and I hope you enjoy.

Rob...