TUFXRT6 Legacy Donating Member 687 Member For: 20y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 14/08/07 07:22 AM Posted 14/08/07 07:22 AM I'm looking (Like always) to upgrade my Cat.300rwkw's is the limit to where I want to go, I'm have 3 criteria:1) Good quality (I'm sick of hearing cats lasting only 12months)2) Need's to hook up to stock system3) Good valueAny advice is useful.RegardsTUFXRT6
sleeper69 Member 179 Member For: 20y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: melbourne Posted 14/08/07 08:34 AM Posted 14/08/07 08:34 AM hey mate, got a metal cat 3.5 inch that hooks up to my stock exhaust and I Reckon its not a bad cat...... Haven't had it on my car for 12 mths yet but sure its going to last longer than that!!! cost me $350+ fitting.
MUZ580 Member 448 Member For: 20y 6m 4d Gender: Male Location: Manly - Sydney Posted 14/08/07 08:38 AM Posted 14/08/07 08:38 AM Same with me, 3.5 Metal Cat - does the goods
F663 Member 70 Member For: 20y 3m 4d Location: Perth Posted 14/08/07 11:11 AM Posted 14/08/07 11:11 AM Same with me, 3.5 Metal Cat - does the goodsis that the inlet dia or the dia of the biscut so to speak
MUZ580 Member 448 Member For: 20y 6m 4d Gender: Male Location: Manly - Sydney Posted 14/08/07 12:10 PM Posted 14/08/07 12:10 PM Inlet as far as I can remember, welded straight to my 3.5 dump
stealthxr Legacy Donating Member 553 Member For: 20y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: The Shire Sydney AUS Posted 14/08/07 12:53 PM Posted 14/08/07 12:53 PM My 3.5 inch Metal Cat melted in less than 12 months... POS IMOpete
TUFXRT6 Legacy Donating Member 687 Member For: 20y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 14/08/07 11:53 PM Author Posted 14/08/07 11:53 PM Thanks for that so I should be looking for:-3.5 inch steel Cat-Cost around $350plus fittingIf it's possible to get some names of cats that I should be asking for??Also, if people think of any other criteria I should ask when making my decision that would be helpful also.RegardsTUFXRT6
adamw Member 143 Member For: 22y 2m 18d Location: Darwin Posted 15/08/07 02:51 AM Posted 15/08/07 02:51 AM Having a good tune would be important. I would be surprised if many cats stand up to high exhaust gas temperatures brought about by poor tuning.
TUFXRT6 Legacy Donating Member 687 Member For: 20y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 15/08/07 04:51 AM Author Posted 15/08/07 04:51 AM (edited) I totally agree with you Adamw, but...its suprising how bad the tune would need to be to really effect the exhuast temp to a degree that it should start effectecting a good quality cat.RegardsTUFXRT6 Edited 15/08/07 04:53 AM by TUFXRT6
ritzy Member 119 Member For: 19y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Lysterfield, Melbourne Posted 20/08/07 02:13 PM Posted 20/08/07 02:13 PM Do you really need to replace the Dump. Or will the CAT only do?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now