Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 11m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I got flashed and custom tuned last week, running the 8 or 10psi tune and climbing up a hill I start to put my foot down, it drops back to 2nd and hits 10psi pretty quick but then it drops down to 5psi or so and then goes back up to 10psi, then down and up again, all the way up the hill

its not holding the boost constant

I can hear the blow off valve releasing pressure during this also

I know my valve springs are weak, would they be causing this problem?

Has anyone else had anything like this?

Thanx

Adz

:idunno:

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted

had exactly the same problem try using manual mode lock it in 1st and drive it then lockit in 3rd and use the throttle I had no trouble in these gears then lock it in 2nd and see if it plays up ,not sure if yours is a ba or not but mine turned out to be torque reduction in the transmission playing games took my tuner a fair bit of time to tune it out for me

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted

just read your other topic in the sponsers section your car is the same model as mine ,and what you describe is exactly what mine was doing I did everything from plugs ,hose clamps removed bov it was driving me crazy then it turns out the ba computer can be a real b#stard when it comes to torque settings in the auto and it cuts power which is why you can hear your bov dumping boost

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 11m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
just read your other topic in the sponsers section your car is the same model as mine ,and what you describe is exactly what mine was doing I did everything from plugs ,hose clamps removed bov it was driving me crazy then it turns out the ba computer can be a real b#stard when it comes to torque settings in the auto and it cuts power which is why you can hear your bov dumping boost

Thanks for that info

Do you know what the tuner did to fix the problem?

I spoke to my tuner today and he wasn't sure what it was, have to take it back to be checked out

I'm getting my valve springs replaced in a 2 weeks so I will have to sort out the problem then

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m 16d
Posted

May be if your current tuner cannot fix it or does not know what the problem is you should give Blacktrack ago it appears they can fix the problem and it may save you stacks of time

Posted
just read your other topic in the sponsers section your car is the same model as mine ,and what you describe is exactly what mine was doing I did everything from plugs ,hose clamps removed bov it was driving me crazy then it turns out the ba computer can be a real b#stard when it comes to torque settings in the auto and it cuts power which is why you can hear your bov dumping boost

I think it's the wastegate that would be dumping the boost rather than the BOV?

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted

maybe it is something different with yours but I would bet money its your auto causing the problem ,and yes I first thought it was the waste gate to ,like I said I tried everything to fix mine even a new set of coils , but it all came back to the trans ,it is the bov dumping boost because the comp shuts the engine down for that split second which closes your throttle

try giving blacktrack a call I dont want to give away all justins methods of tuning but he might be happy to talk to you about it 0249661235

might have trouble gettin hold of him he's a busy boy but keep tryin

  • Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canning Vale, W.A
Posted

Sounds like what's wrong with my car :stupid:

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted

from what I know it's more likely to happen to the ba but it could also be a week point with the bf not sure about that I only have experience with the ba

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 26d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

Hi Adz after reading your post and your signature it appears your car is a BA. If this is the case you could be experiencing torque limiting. This was a subject that we covered at length at our last tuning seminar. As pointed out about out by our06t it can give a large amount of trouble. However Justin from Blacktrack or any of the other companies that attended the last Nizpro training seminar from NSW including Tune House, BTA, UniGroup and Hills Motorsport will be able to fix this very quickly for you. It would require a retune as there are a number of other side effect's that would also have to be addressed.

If you need any further assistance please phone me and I will see if we can get it sorted for you.

Cheers Simon

Edited by Nizpro

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...