MYXR6T Member 20 Member For: 21y 5m 2d Posted 06/08/07 03:50 AM Posted 06/08/07 03:50 AM Hi all,Having bought all bits and pieces to fit up to my XR6T (BA 2003), I need to know if there would be generic tunes available for specific mods eg ... Bosch injectors, Wog cooler, CAI, Metal Cat replacement (High flow Cat), just to get me going for now, then custom tunes will happen once saved up
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 15d Gender: Male Posted 06/08/07 04:06 AM Posted 06/08/07 04:06 AM for all those bits u will need a custom tunethe generic tune is only a 'down the middle' tune for a stock car
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 13d Gender: Male Posted 06/08/07 04:07 AM Posted 06/08/07 04:07 AM you would need a custom tune with those mods
MYXR6T Member 20 Member For: 21y 5m 2d Posted 06/08/07 04:33 AM Author Posted 06/08/07 04:33 AM ok thanks for the reply guys,will have to custom tune then
XR6T_ENVY Member 133 Member For: 19y 3m 15d Gender: Male Location: MELBOURNE Posted 09/08/07 11:04 PM Posted 09/08/07 11:04 PM Hi all,Having bought all bits and pieces to fit up to my XR6T (BA 2003), I need to know if there would be generic tunes available for specific mods eg ... Bosch injectors, Wog cooler, CAI, Metal Cat replacement (High flow Cat), just to get me going for now, then custom tunes will happen once saved upSorry to jump in. I was wondering the same thing. What if you have the centre muffler removed and 2nd CAI? Is that not enough to make a difference?
CV PERFORMANCE Senior Member Member 139 Member For: 20y 1m 25d Gender: Male Location: Caringbah 9526-5322 Posted 10/08/07 01:04 AM Posted 10/08/07 01:04 AM Custom tune only with the mods addedCV PERFORMANCE
ddonxr6t Member 3 Member For: 19y 1m 25d Posted 10/08/07 05:20 PM Posted 10/08/07 05:20 PM hi guys im new to this site but heard you guys know everything I need to know about the xr6 turbo.. I have just had my gearbox strenthened, the 4 speed, see how it goes, but I want to work on breaking into the 10 second mark, the car was tuned by CV, it ran a 12.2 in sydney with 303rwkws, hoping that the gearbox might help get some more to the ground, it has an atomic motor in it and a few extras what do I need to do to accomplish my goals? any suggestions?
thomasmurray1 Member 26 Member For: 19y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/08/07 05:16 AM Posted 16/08/07 05:16 AM lol wog coolers, an addaption from the vl turbo boys no doubt?
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 16/08/07 05:44 AM Posted 16/08/07 05:44 AM hi guys im new to this site but heard you guys know everything I need to know about the xr6 turbo.. I have just had my gearbox strenthened, the 4 speed, see how it goes, but I want to work on breaking into the 10 second mark, the car was tuned by CV, it ran a 12.2 in sydney with 303rwkws, hoping that the gearbox might help get some more to the ground, it has an atomic motor in it and a few extras what do I need to do to accomplish my goals? any suggestions? what else have you done already
ddonxr6t Member 3 Member For: 19y 1m 25d Posted 16/08/07 05:49 AM Posted 16/08/07 05:49 AM what else have you done alreadyat the moment the engine was built by atomic performance, fully forged internals, 42 lb injectors, 4inch dump into 3inch stainless steel exhaust gearbox was just strengthened with kevlar bands new clutch packs taipan 2200 stall, flash tuner, not sure on what boost im runnin as the car has not been tuned since I bought the car, the guy had it detuned when he sold it as the motor was new, it had 303 rwkw with the old motor new motor with gearbox helping put the power to the wheels should be a bit better but that's why im in the tune section I can get the car tuned now but wouldnt mind getting extra work done while im there, the intercooler is still a tiny monza intercooler! so just looking for suggestions for brands, preferences etc,
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now