Guest Guests Posted 24/06/03 09:24 PM Posted 24/06/03 09:24 PM If optimax is so fantastic why cant we get it in SA?
Unigroup Member 25 Member For: 23y 6m 5d Location: Sydney Posted 25/06/03 06:22 AM Posted 25/06/03 06:22 AM Time and time again on the dyno, Mobil 8000 synergy takes more boost and ignition timing then any other street fuel. Everything from turbo 4’s, 6’s and carb v8’s have been on the dyno and from a purely practical point of view it’s hard to beat.Shell did change the Optimax brew about a year and a half after it was introduced and from tuning cars on it I can say it is no match against Mobil 8000 in terms of anti detonation and power production.p.s Don't work for Mobil and I generally despise oil/fuel companies. All the above is based on past experiences.
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 25/06/03 06:35 AM Posted 25/06/03 06:35 AM Play nice guys, I don't want to have to close this informative thread....
Guest DEAN05 Guests Posted 25/06/03 06:36 AM Posted 25/06/03 06:36 AM shell hight oct is the best for me
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 26d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 06/02/04 08:27 AM Posted 06/02/04 08:27 AM The owners manual states that the tubo is tuned for 95RON but can run on 91RON. Does that mean buying 98RON is a waste of money?BTW I was in a Caltex station the other day and I asked what their Vortex was and I was told 96RON I asked if they meant 95RON and was told NO! 96RON
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 26d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 06/02/04 08:49 AM Posted 06/02/04 08:49 AM No, what it means is that you can run lower octane if the best is unavailable without risking your engine. The ECU will retard timing and boost if detonation is detected. You will therefore lose some performance and fuel economy.It has been my experience now that I've had the T3 for almost two years and 70,000km that Optimax, Synergy and Woolies are all OK. I have suffered pinging when using all other brands that I've tried and I have tried them all, back to back over at least three consecutive tanks to ensure reliable results. My car has not got timing retard so will ping it's head off with low octane fuel. Vortex at 96 RON makes my engine ping all day.
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 26d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 06/02/04 09:08 AM Posted 06/02/04 09:08 AM I usually run Caltex 91RON (Fleet card restrictions) but have tried all the major ULP's an PULP. I have not noticed a difference in any way
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 06/02/04 09:25 AM Posted 06/02/04 09:25 AM I use optimax its seems to run smoother and crisper.
mickq Member 740 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Posted 06/02/04 11:12 AM Posted 06/02/04 11:12 AM For all those sledging Woolies fuel - they get their fuel exclusively from Mobil - it is not imported crap from Indonesia or anywhere else. And, they don't put any additives in - that's right, not even water.So I guess if you won't buy Woolies fuel you won't be buying Mobil either eh? Just for clarification: just because a load of fuel comes from a certain refinery (in this case Mobil) DOESNT mean it is the same fuel that Mobil sell at their own pumps.Batches of fuel can be made to all kinds of standards, including providing cheaper fuel made differently to cut costs that they would not sell in their own Mobil petrol stations.
Guest P'cisT Guests Posted 06/02/04 11:13 AM Posted 06/02/04 11:13 AM I've used all PULP from all the major retailers including the stuff from Safeway, and can't feel a difference at all.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now