Guest DEVO Guests Posted 12/06/03 03:49 AM Posted 12/06/03 03:49 AM Just wanted to know what other drivers used in their cars. I drive the XT, but have always used premium, even in my other cars. I can't really say if it gives better performance, but I'm more confident it is better for the car.The T needs premium- do people prefer Optimax, Vortex...?Do you think it makes a difference in the NA XR6, or the BA XT?Comments and ridicule are welcome.
Guest Guests Posted 12/06/03 04:25 AM Posted 12/06/03 04:25 AM Devo I use woolies unleaded. Done 8k now and not one prob. Have tried all the premiums and it just costs you money.Try for your self,any brand premium, then unleaded (same brand) and you let me know if you can feel any dif!
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 12/06/03 04:31 AM Posted 12/06/03 04:31 AM Comments and ridicule are welcome. Right! Here we go then ... What a STUPID question, you silly, simple person ... and what sort of name is DEVO anyway? longing for the 70's or just an indication of your sexual practices?Should expect this caliber of post from someone from Brissy, I guess ... you can't help it, it's the environment. You were probably asking your sister, in the shower this morning, about this ... come on, admit it! You disgust me!... so, that'll do for the ridicule section, now the comment:Don't invite ridicule from the riff-raff in this forum ... and that's a tip for nothing!
Trumpy What's happening? Legacy Donating Member 1,605 Member For: 23y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Steel City, NSW Posted 12/06/03 04:38 AM Posted 12/06/03 04:38 AM Well I havent noticed much difference between the different brands of fuel in the T (infact, the tank on normal unleaded I was forced to get in the middle of nowhere, Western Tasmania made bugger all difference).However, I am very picky about what fuel I get, and this is due to my motorbike more than anything.Will only put Mobil 8000 or BP ultimate in if I can, otherwise Caltex/Ampol Vortex is also ok.Have been advised by every motorbike mechanic I have talked to to steer clear of Optimax. Basically the additives can foul up the plugs and injectors very quickly.Mobil 8000 is definitly the pick, and the bike is light enough (well compared to the car) that you can actually pick a defference).So, if its good enough for the engine with 2 wheels, its good enough for the T.
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 12/06/03 04:52 AM Posted 12/06/03 04:52 AM This thread here has a lot of useful info in it.
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 12/06/03 05:14 AM Posted 12/06/03 05:14 AM have tried Caltex,Ampol and BP brands of ULP, PULP (95) and (98) where available in my "T". I think that the PULP (98) feels smoother but that may just be my imagination. If cost is a concern then I would not bother. I have 10K on the clock and have used roughtly a 50/50 split of ULP/PULP with not credible evidence to suggets that PULP is worth the extra few cents. Fuel economy seems to be about the same. I do agree that the quality of the product is important though. FWIW I must use Caltex/Ampol or BP so I never buy the nasty stuff from the independants.....BTW I have a novated lease so I can usually get PULP for less than the regular price of ULP due to GST savings.
mercturbo Member 696 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Location: Geelong Posted 12/06/03 05:39 AM Posted 12/06/03 05:39 AM 11.000k's, used nothing but optimax,engine quite and smooth, not missed one beat, can't comment on regular unleaded
Guest DEVO Guests Posted 12/06/03 07:25 AM Posted 12/06/03 07:25 AM Comments and ridicule are welcome. Right! Here we go then ... What a STUPID question, you silly, simple person ... and what sort of name is DEVO anyway? longing for the 70's or just an indication of your sexual practices?Should expect this caliber of post from someone from Brissy, I guess ... you can't help it, it's the environment. You were probably asking your sister, in the shower this morning, about this ... come on, admit it! You disgust me!... so, that'll do for the ridicule section, now the comment:Don't invite ridicule from the riff-raff in this forum ... and that's a tip for nothing! Well- obviously won't ask anything of you ever again...
Guest DEVO Guests Posted 12/06/03 07:37 AM Posted 12/06/03 07:37 AM What a STUPID question, you silly, simple person ... and what sort of name is DEVO anyway? longing for the 70's or just an indication of your sexual practices? Devo- developed from Stevo- quite innocent, no weird positions involved, just a GSOH :lol:
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 12/06/03 07:37 AM Posted 12/06/03 07:37 AM KenBoyle> Just what gives you the self-imposed right to promote yourself to being a member of the riff raff of this forum? LOL - just take no notice of him DEVO, you must, however, expect this type of behaviour from those down in the lower latitudes.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now