xrkiwi Member 22 Member For: 19y 3m 1d Posted 13/07/07 05:24 PM Posted 13/07/07 05:24 PM Recently reborn Ford man.I am a farrier in NZ Very rural area Had a VY 1 tonner .Was in town 45 minutes spare ended up coming home in a BA Xr6T ute.Solid Ford man again.This eats my modded Vy V6 Stock standard for economy and power.I carry roughly 700kgs all the time.I have a few Queries though.Drivers side elctric window goes up and down half the speed of passengers,Do these need servicing somehow ie greasing?I seem to have a rear end rub or rattle passenger rear cant see any rubbing almost sounds like a warped disc but everything seems fine,any ideas?I would love an edit but how will this affect engine life as I do around 80k a year fairly hard driving.Ute has done 60kms well serviced never had a towbar till now,cant find any of the other faults as listed here hoping I have one without diff and radiator problems .Also desperate to get my hands on a workshop manual how much and where.?P.s since I have converted I only seem to see HSV's in the rear view.Great feeling.
XRDOSE BIGRED Legacy Donating Member 1,410 Member For: 19y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sth East Melb Posted 14/07/07 07:54 AM Posted 14/07/07 07:54 AM I have an 04 XR6t and I have the exact same problems as u. the drivers side window is very slow and sometimes in the cold siezes up and wont go up at all without assistance! I also get that rattling noise from the back! must be common problems! anyone else have these issues?
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 14d Location: Perth WA Posted 14/07/07 08:08 AM Posted 14/07/07 08:08 AM my phoon sedan window is a slug as well.. I think I remember reading ages ago that its a warranty item..
Jman The Cleaning Dudes Ute Legacy Donating Member 1,308 Member For: 20y 5m 26d Gender: Male Location: Bentleigh, Vic, Australia Posted 14/07/07 08:40 AM Posted 14/07/07 08:40 AM I have an 04 XR6t and I have the exact same problems as u. the drivers side window is very slow and sometimes in the cold siezes up and wont go up at all without assistance! I also get that rattling noise from the back! must be common problems! anyone else have these issues?In my ute its the other way around.. the drivers side is fast, but the passenger side is slower.If I race (press both down at the same time) passenger/drivers side windows, the drivers side bulls by half a handle length.
JC007 Member 28 Member For: 19y 7m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 14/07/07 02:54 PM Posted 14/07/07 02:54 PM Mine is the same boys, the drivers side is slow as compared to the passengers....
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 14/07/07 10:17 PM Posted 14/07/07 10:17 PM they still havnt fixed this problem, mines a bf and it has a slow drivers window.in the cold it stops and needs help.
FastR1Red Member 360 Member For: 21y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Mt Waverley Posted 14/07/07 10:31 PM Posted 14/07/07 10:31 PM Warranty job,Mine was the same at 12 months old. They fixed it at the next service.It stopped about half way up then you had to restart to get it up the rest of the way. When it was fixed it was then twice as fast as the passenger side...
JTXR6T Legacy Donating Member 64 Member For: 19y 7m 12d Gender: Male Posted 15/07/07 11:06 AM Posted 15/07/07 11:06 AM I had the same issue guys and in the wet used to almost sieze up and make a terrible noise. I lubed it using graphite powder and it made a huge difference. It costs about $10 from auto store but be careful not to get it everywhere cos its a bugger to clean.
NATHOON Legacy Donating Member 197 Member For: 20y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/07/07 11:12 AM Posted 15/07/07 11:12 AM A bit of silicon spray in the guides on each side will help it alot
Space Ace Member 446 Member For: 21y 8m 19d Location: Melbourne, Victoria Posted 15/07/07 01:00 PM Posted 15/07/07 01:00 PM All Fraud Service will do is lube it up a bit and then you're off...but as others have said, its a bugger to clean if there's excess crap left over.....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now