XRT06 Member 72 Member For: 20y 6m 28d Location: Townsville. Qld Posted 06/07/07 03:35 AM Posted 06/07/07 03:35 AM I am looking at buying a Mal Woods option 1 for my t5, and I would just like to see if anyone else has got one in their car and what kind of power they are running and what the clutch feels like compared to stock, cause I am looking at running somewhere around 280-300 rwkw.Cheers, Daniel
bondy Member 86 Member For: 19y 5m 19d Gender: Male Location: townsville Posted 06/07/07 06:45 AM Posted 06/07/07 06:45 AM hey bud .ive got a mate with a mal wood box and clucth ..he dosent haven a prob with it .he says its fine .and he is running up round 380rwkw
whizzer Member 181 Member For: 23y 7m 10d Location: Brisvegas Posted 07/07/07 01:16 PM Posted 07/07/07 01:16 PM Got a Mal Wood option 1 clutch done a couple of months ago and have nothing but praise for both the service and quality of work. while it was there he did a gear lever mod and now it changes like a gearbox should. clutch action actually feels lighter too. well worth the drive to warwick!!!
coach3062 Member 91 Member For: 20y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: North west NSW Posted 07/07/07 11:10 PM Posted 07/07/07 11:10 PM I am looking at buying a Mal Woods option 1 for my t5, and I would just like to see if anyone else has got one in their car and what kind of power they are running and what the clutch feels like compared to stock, cause I am looking at running somewhere around 280-300 rwkw.Cheers, DanielLast thursday on the way to Brisbane via Warwick my clutch started to slip in 4th (T5-270rwkw) when overtaking, so I popped into Mal Wood's shop and spoke to Ben about options for a new clutch. They booked me in for an option 1 the following afternoon on my return home. As I drove away from the workshop I nearly put my foot through the firewall it was so easy to depress. The gearbox oil was changed also and next morning at 5am -3 degrees it was much easier to change gears.I don't flog my ute and it certainly didn't slip on my way home so I expect it to handle this power (and a bit more) so its a great compromise for driveability/performance/price.Excellent service and a good job from Mal Woods Automotive.
XRT06 Member 72 Member For: 20y 6m 28d Location: Townsville. Qld Posted 09/07/07 08:49 AM Author Posted 09/07/07 08:49 AM Thanks to all you guys for your comments they have been most helpful, I think I will go ahead and get the clutch, its a pitty I wont be getting the great service from Mal Woods workshop as it is a fair hike from sunny North Queensland :oohwoah:But I am sure the clutch will live up to my expectations.Cheers, Daniel
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now