Hyena Member 61 Member For: 20y 1m 16d Posted 01/07/07 11:57 PM Author Posted 01/07/07 11:57 PM Shoosh! I'm trying to tell myself that so I don't go mod crazy again! hahaThe T will be my daily driver and I can't afford to have a 3rd car to drive to work in the traffic so I've got to keep it as low key as possible. Within reason...
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 02/07/07 12:19 AM Posted 02/07/07 12:19 AM hey mate,you can get a 6 speed manual in the Ba as well... should budget for between $28 and $32K!!Am sure you could get a BA 6 speed manual for $28K.. I have an after market clutch in my 6 speed manual Ba and its lighter then factory... my wife drives it on a daily basis and has no issues with the clutch... it is not heavy at all!
Hyena Member 61 Member For: 20y 1m 16d Posted 02/07/07 12:43 AM Author Posted 02/07/07 12:43 AM Unfortunately my budget is sub 24k so that pretty much limits me to a Mk1 BA.I think I'll have to settle for an auto, I'll just give it more power to make up for the sorrow. heheGreenXR6T, I realise the 6 speed swap is pretty tough at the moment - maybe down the track as they become more common it might be an option. My local dealer selling brand new 6 speed BF II ESP's for 28k is a pretty tempting offer, but I gots ta have that snail hanging off the side of the exhaust manifold
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 02/07/07 12:47 AM Posted 02/07/07 12:47 AM Unfortunately my budget is sub 24k so that pretty much limits me to a Mk1 BA.I think I'll have to settle for an auto, I'll just give it more power to make up for the sorrow. heheGreenXR6T, I realise the 6 speed swap is pretty tough at the moment - maybe down the track as they become more common it might be an option. My local dealer selling brand new 6 speed BF II ESP's for 28k is a pretty tempting offer, but I gots ta have that snail hanging off the side of the exhaust manifold you will still need to strengthen the auto mate... budget around $2k!!
Hyena Member 61 Member For: 20y 1m 16d Posted 02/07/07 02:03 AM Author Posted 02/07/07 02:03 AM you will still need to strengthen the auto mate... budget around $2k!!Don't tell me that!I'm planning to do intake, cat and edit (maybe bigger IC down the track) + fit a trans cooler so I'm hoping I can get by with the stock auto
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 02/07/07 08:41 AM Posted 02/07/07 08:41 AM MAte look around and haggle heaps as these car dont sell so they give ( us ) crap trade in values... you must be able to get a mk2 BA for mid 20s at auction.... and you wont want less than 300wkws man, trust us
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 14d Gender: Male Posted 02/07/07 08:50 AM Posted 02/07/07 08:50 AM yeh I was guna wait till mine did 30k.. I hung on till 20k before the mod bug took hold & I started shelling out spendooly on the engine haha
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 02/07/07 10:47 AM Posted 02/07/07 10:47 AM LOL... I got to 00100 for rims/susp and 3001 for edit
WPN XR6T Member 12 Member For: 19y 6m 1d Gender: Male Posted 02/07/07 11:46 AM Posted 02/07/07 11:46 AM Even at the power levels you are looking at, you might want to consider a new clutch. Mal Woods Opt. 3 is lighter in pedel feel and a much stronger clutch. I agree with some of the other guys. If it feels that heavy, it's stuffed. Hey, tell the missus that you are putting in a softer clutch for her, it my even sway her into "letting" you spend the extra dosh...
Hyena Member 61 Member For: 20y 1m 16d Posted 02/07/07 12:32 PM Author Posted 02/07/07 12:32 PM I took the missus up to ford today and we sat in a brand new 6 speed manual. Even if I fitted an aftermarket clutch that was a bit lighter it'd still be too heavy for her in traffic. As much as I'd like another manual I think even for me it'd be a bit of a pain considering I spend 5-6/7 days a week crawling along in traffic. you must be able to get a mk2 BA for mid 20s at auction.I haven't been to any auctions yet, just looking at private sales. I've really only got 25k all up to spend on the car and mods. I'm looking at a 2004 model with around 50k on the clock and premium sound (leather would be a bonus) for around 22k. By the time I pay stamp duty and get the edit and a few minor mods that'll be the budget pretty much gone. I just got married and bought a house and the missus is hitting me up for a baby so sadly I have no disposable income for much more in the way of mods in the forseeable future. I'm all for giving it some more poke but I can't be spending money on rebuilding transmissions or replacing super dooper clutches. It could be worse, she wanted to get a commodore!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now