Painting Brake Calipers

billsxr6t

• Member For: 17y 3m 6d

well guys this may have been covered before but has anyone painted there cailpers if so what paint did u use and also what colour I was thinking red but then I dont mind the colouring on the fpv's the blue

Bill

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m

You can get caliper paint from autobarn or supercrap.

I went a blue that's not quite the FPV colour but its close.

Its fairly easy to do, brush all the rust and dirt off with a wire brush then give every thing a good clean with wax and grease remover.

mask everything you don,t want painted and go for it (no undercoat needed), dont worry to much about the disc the pads with knock off the excess, I used at bit of cardboard cut to shape to reduce over spray onto the disc.

Try do the fronts then the back. that way you can be doing the other side while the first one drys.

• Member For: 16y 11m 7d
well guys this may have been covered before but has anyone painted there cailpers if so what paint did u use and also what colour I was thinking red but then I dont mind the colouring on the fpv's the blue

Bill

did my old ba ute in red. make sure its proper brake caliper paint and prep it right and it will stick.

post-12019-1183123637_thumb.jpg

Edited by neoppg

• Lifetime Members

No, the bits you cant get with the spray can you cant see anyway so I did not worry about it.

I will be painting the upgraded calipers off the car, when I finally get them.

• Member For: 17y 7d

I did mine recently , but I took mine off ( off hub only ) and wiped with thinners clean . Needed about 4 layers . Make sure thet are light coats only , otherwise paint will run .

I have seen mates paint whilst on car , but im real fussy bout my XR.

• Member For: 19y 5m 23d

I painted mine before I fitted them to the car, much easier off the car I think plus you can get the whole caliper rather than what you can see, as mentioned before you can get a can of caliper spray paint from repco, supercheap, etc, give it a go its not difficult and the results are worth it

Picture009.jpg

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 1m 9d

how much was/is the can of caliper spray? I'm considering doing this, also how hard is it to take the calipers off to give them a quick spray? or do you guys reccomend I just cover everything I dont wanna paint and just spray them on the disc

• Lifetime Members

I left them on because I am not a mechanic and playing around with a safety item when you only have half a clue is not a good Idea. :finger:

post-6916-1183253781_thumb.jpg

post-6916-1183253843_thumb.jpg

• Member For: 17y 3m 6d

well I painted them all yesterday only took an hour on the fronts and half on the rear realy happy with the results went on a club event (fpv tickford owners of wa) last night and everyone was really impressed with the job I had done, was quite easy to paint them on the car just masked everything up painted the front n top sides then turn the wheels out and painted all the iners. here are the pics

029.jpg

030.jpg

034.jpg

enjoy

Bill