Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 23d
  • Location: Dodge Scat Pack
Posted

I've gone the other way.

I've just ordered a set of 15" x 7" Police Airflow steel rims (Chrysler Police Pack wheels) for the Dodge (I already have the dog dish hubcaps) and I tracked down a set of brand new 225/70/15 tyres with a thin white stripe around the sidewall.

For all the low profile stuff, the larger you go with a rim, the larger a rolling diameter for a tyre and slower you are for a standing start acceleration!

  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest HocuSChrisT
  • Guests
Posted

I had 14" LP wheels on my XC hardtop. They were great, cept you felt every bump in the road. But hey, she tore up the black top.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

As long as you lower the profile every inch that you increase the rim size therefore keeping the same rolling diameter all is good. I've got 18"x8" AMG wheels with Bridgestone SO3 Pole position rubber. The SO3's are the best tyre I've ever driven on and I've had Falken, Goodyear F1, Yokohama and Marshalls.

  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 8m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
They look awesome! But lower that car boy!!!!!!!!!

that's strange! ive got 19's on my bus and my car sits WAY lower than yours tazz! And mine isnt lowered!

Are you sure they took out the red spring spacers at your dealership when you picked it up?

  • The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 23d
  • Location: Dodge Scat Pack
Posted

It shouldn't really relate to the Falcon because the largest rims and tyres you can buy at the moment are probably 19" or 20", however when you loook at increasing the diameter of the wheel, have a look at the tyre placard of the car.

This placard is generally inside the glovebox or on the door frame. They will give tyre pressures for the range of tyres fitted to the vehicle. If the largest factory wheel is 18" then you can go a Plus 1 fitment, which is a 19" wheel.

If you put on a wheel which is more than 25mm increase in the rolling diameter, then the wheel/tyre combo will have to be submitted to an engineer who can certify that in his opinion the wheel/tyre combo is safe for the car.

This also applies to offset and width of a rim.

Generally this is something the Fast Four and Bodykit set don't realise, especially when they run around on 18" rims on their Mitslugbishi Mirage or their Hi Undies Excel. The wheel set is illegal because of the massive increase in rolling diameter which is contrary to the ADR which the car was complianced under.

Guest trinerium
  • Guests
Posted

I like the Spleensix I think very much xr6t look.

Guest trinerium
  • Guests
Posted

sorry. that last post seems outta place I was replying 2 a post from ages ago. my mist8k :rolleyes:

  • Great rack
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong Vic.
Posted

While we're on the subject Plonky, whats the latest Reg's in reguard to ground clearance. Is it still around 5" or has that finally been amended?

Your thoughts please..................

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...