575wrc Member 63 Member For: 20y 7m 17d Location: perth Posted 22/06/07 09:45 AM Posted 22/06/07 09:45 AM I am having dramas with my central locking on my BA.sometimes my car will unlock itself when eva it feels right to do so! also the keypads sometimes dont respond when I press it.I then have to put the key in the door to unlock it which then causes my aftermarket alarm to go off. I first thought this was causing it but have since disconnected the alarm but its still happening. it spent last friday at ford but they decided it wasnt the factory locking that was wrong (they recon it was the aftermarket alarm).$60 later and still not fixed,the alarm people reckon its not them and the ford people reckon its not them either. arghhhhhh!!! its booked in to ford again for next week!has any one had a similar problem?
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 10m 21d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 22/06/07 10:49 AM Posted 22/06/07 10:49 AM U sure the unlock button on your remote isnt stuck down a little bit?Try using your spare set of keys for a week and see if things change maybe?
markxr6t Member 476 Member For: 21y 11m Location: Perth WA Posted 23/06/07 02:04 PM Posted 23/06/07 02:04 PM Central locking actuators would often fail in AUs with symptoms like random locking and unlocking. Same part fits AU and BA, but I thought had been improved for BA. About $150 for the part and easy to fit yourself apparently.
INPURSUIT Fastest Taxi In Melbourne Legacy Donating Member 701 Member For: 20y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/06/07 01:50 AM Posted 24/06/07 01:50 AM I had the same problem in my car a few months back, they replaced the lock actuators in the doors that were having trouble, I took it too ford and they replaced it under warranty.
TURBOXR I miss her... Legacy Donating Member 703 Member For: 22y 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 27/06/07 02:52 AM Posted 27/06/07 02:52 AM same problem here.ford changed the drivers door lock actuator and hasnt done it in years.it was also causing my windows to go down whenever they wanted. handy when it rains.
Ford_Power Member 798 Member For: 23y 5m 29d Posted 29/06/07 09:05 AM Posted 29/06/07 09:05 AM Causing your windows to go down? You must have a very early build BA. There was a fault with the early BEMs that resulted in the drivers window going down when the car was unlocked.
cqae Member 229 Member For: 22y 10m 24d Posted 06/07/07 11:44 AM Posted 06/07/07 11:44 AM havew a suearch through the general tech thread & look up a recent thread of mine for a simialr fault. every on seems to be having actuator problems but the one I had was different. try disconnecting door actuators to see if the fault persists. this rules out the actuators. you can try disconencting the rf reciever too from under the icc or at the top where it is situated.the fix on the one I was playing with was a bem.
veczar Gold Platinum Member Member 1,081 Member For: 22y 3m 3d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 09/07/07 04:33 AM Posted 09/07/07 04:33 AM Same with my passenger door. Ford fixed it under warrenty.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now