Nt Chat.

seventytwo

• Member For: 13y 15d

hello people I am moving to darwin in few weeks.I have a 04 ba turbo with a minor work done to it.pushing 329rwkw on 98 octane...is it true the fuel 98 isnt availabe up there as someone told me it comes from indo and only have 96..who is a good tuner up there as more mods could be a possability down the track.the guy I use down here (sa)is great but guess going to have to find a local upon arrival to top end.any help would be great thanx.also is there a xr6 turbo car club as such would be good to go for a boost with some crew.and how much does the humidity etc effect performance..get some good crisp nights down here..cheers

• Member For: 20y 1m 11d

G'day mate, haha that's pretty funny about the fuel. They sell bp ultimate here and the quailty would be close to as good as anywhere, just probly not in the wet season as hudmity gets to 3000%.

I only fill up at bp on smith st in the city, that's where all the hoons fill up... from what ive been told :derisive:

I would defently reconmend you take your machine to get tuned by Keelan at "Pecky performance and dyno tune".

Tell him Craig sent you, hes a good mate of mine.

He even has a bf xr6 turbo with simlar power to you and run flat 11's in it. He loves these things.

Not much has happened as far as turbo'ed falcon cruises but I see theres a few guys kicking around in this forum every now and then.

With the heat up here, expect to feel the power drop, and see a big differance on the dyno, as its a killer this time of the year all the way untill the dry season next year.

In the dry we get nice crisp cool nights down to as low as 12 degrees and bugger all hudmity.

thanks craig,yeah it was some herrod guy from up there that told me about the fuel..which I thought was strange myself..will call in and see your mate keelan and get the rundown.want to enquire about some more mods also.I have never taken it down quarter as such but keen to give it a whirl.got a 6speed manual so would be interesting to see what times would pull..as for the humidity factor guess just go into cruise mode during wet season..cheers for the heads up m8..like the time you stated 10.67 eh NICE 1

• Like 1

• Member For: 12y 11m 17d

G'day pissant, Yeah its pretty quiet on here. So are you still up here in darwin? I havent seen your car around, did you get a tune done up here?

Heres a pic of my beast

Hey Wright'y, have been away for the last few months but should be back in Darwin in a week or so. I got most of my work done by Elite Automotive in Qld before I drove it up. The car hasn't been out much, probly a few hundred kms this year. Have to organise something for all the guys on here sometime

Cheers,

Pissant

• Like 1

• Member For: 20y 1m 11d

G'day fellas, yeah will have to organise somthing. I work at a mine near tennant and the net has been done for a couple of weeks, but will be back this weekend if anyones keen for a cruise or somthing.

• Member For: 12y 11m 17d

G'day fellas, yeah will have to organise somthing. I work at a mine near tennant and the net has been done for a couple of weeks, but will be back this weekend if anyones keen for a cruise or somthing.

Let me know when you wanna do it, I've got the weekend off so will be keen for something

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 6d

thanks craig,yeah it was some herrod guy from up there that told me about the fuel..which I thought was strange myself..will call in and see your mate keelan and get the rundown.want to enquire about some more mods also.I have never taken it down quarter as such but keen to give it a whirl.got a 6speed manual so would be interesting to see what times would pull..as for the humidity factor guess just go into cruise mode during wet season..cheers for the heads up m8..like the time you stated 10.67 eh NICE 1

Haha sounds like you've been talking to Bob from Car Concepts, he's ok but getting a bit old :) still a good bloke though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haha sounds like you've been talking to Bob from Car Concepts, he's ok but getting a bit old :) still a good bloke though.

yeah had a bit of a chat with him seemed ok..im up here already but am leaving me turbs back in adelaide till the dry season up here.dont need it up here yet,need a carport or some kind of shelter as I want it under some decent cover but there is none where I am renting..but when that time comes around would be good to try n get a cruise going with all you lads.wind the sucker out(when time is right).went on a couple cruises with me mates back in adelaide and was an awsome sight seeing a heap of these in convoy.BEEN A FORD MAN THE WHOLE TIME FROM A COUPLE XR FALCONS,XT,AN XY PANELVAN AND SEDAN NOW TO ME TURBS..but for now I have to settle with the 96 hilux im buzzing around in.slow as lol.