Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 15/07/07 12:41 PM Posted 15/07/07 12:41 PM why do you need a whole new trans mission? cant the broken bits be replaced?
Meggs_83 Member 114 Member For: 19y 6m 4d Gender: Male Location: Esperance Posted 15/07/07 01:10 PM Author Posted 15/07/07 01:10 PM that was their recommendation, but I'm just gonna replace the broken bits eg. input shaft and bearings
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 12d Gender: Male Posted 16/07/07 01:17 AM Posted 16/07/07 01:17 AM ahahaha 522 for a plastic csc? I have one you can HAVE mate.pm me if you want it.
MYWPN Legacy Donating Member 554 Member For: 21y 3m 4d Gender: Male Location: Bendigo Posted 16/07/07 06:20 AM Posted 16/07/07 06:20 AM having not so capable clutches are meant to be there to cushion the impact on the gearbox not totally destroy it , if ford had a half decent clutch assy for a starters that would not have happened
MYWPN Legacy Donating Member 554 Member For: 21y 3m 4d Gender: Male Location: Bendigo Posted 16/07/07 06:24 AM Posted 16/07/07 06:24 AM If there is no bell housing, how does the gearbox bolt to the motor sorry fats but I think you ate your wordssorry but that had to be said
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 14d Posted 16/07/07 12:57 PM Posted 16/07/07 12:57 PM (edited) sorry fats but I think you ate your wordssorry but that had to be said huh? don't be humping my leg you *beep* Edited 16/07/07 12:59 PM by Fat-Tony
6speedXR8 Mal Wood Automotive Member 537 Member For: 23y 6m 17d Location: WARWICK QLD Posted 17/07/07 12:10 PM Posted 17/07/07 12:10 PM that was their recommendation, but I'm just gonna replace the broken bits eg. input shaft and bearingsI just got some parts in that will help you, I have got a Used front plate and bellhousing, an alloy CSC and steel flywheel and clutch from my own ute, it is perfect,that will come out after the weekend( I will be trying an upgrade) and I can get your transmission picked up and returned to you ready to fit for about $400 all up with insurance. We will rebuild it for $440 plus parts and I might even be able to get a sump if you need one. I should be able to save you thousands. Mal
GreenXR6T Legacy Donating Member 630 Member For: 21y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 18/07/07 03:19 AM Posted 18/07/07 03:19 AM (edited) I just got some parts in that will help you, I have got a Used front plate and bellhousing, an alloy CSC and steel flywheel and clutch from my own ute, it is perfect,that will come out after the weekend( I will be trying an upgrade) and I can get your transmission picked up and returned to you ready to fit for about $400 all up with insurance. We will rebuild it for $440 plus parts and I might even be able to get a sump if you need one. I should be able to save you thousands. MalTalk about sponsors looking after forum members?????Well done Mal Edited 18/07/07 03:22 AM by GreenXR6T
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 12d Gender: Male Posted 18/07/07 03:49 AM Posted 18/07/07 03:49 AM top stuff mal, great to see you with the initiative!meggs would be mad to not go for that.
FastR1Red Member 360 Member For: 21y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Mt Waverley Posted 18/07/07 04:17 AM Posted 18/07/07 04:17 AM Mal,Well done!Just for that I'll be calling you for my new clutch when the POS motorsports clutch I have in drops its load! That one HAD to be put in due to an ongoing issue with my (previous) tuner.Meggs, jump on that before I do,,,hahaha.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now