XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 14/06/07 03:11 PM Posted 14/06/07 03:11 PM Hi allIm looking at lowering my XR6T once I get the 19" rims, and its been recommended that I put adjustable coilovers at the front (so I can easily raise or lower the front to a good height), and just put lowered springs at the rear at a nice low height.One reason for only putting adjustables at the front is that it cheaper.But the main reason is because with its very dark window tint im afraid it will be a cop magnet, and if (or should I say when) I get a yellow sticker I don't want to spend hours putting back the suspension to 4wd mode. From what I can tell its very easy to put stock springs back into the rear of the car (compared to the front) and then I can just wind up the front and give back its standard height.Has anyone put a full adjustable system into their car (or only the fronts), and if so what brand and how much did it all cost?Me and my mate are capable of installing the springs/shocks/coilovers ourself, so its mainly the cost of the parts im worried about.Cheers!Mike.
furioso Member 47 Member For: 19y 7m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth W.A. Posted 15/06/07 08:36 AM Posted 15/06/07 08:36 AM my mates got a T and he had put springs all round with 18's and he sed that it didnt feel to good. (his oppinion though) he then got coilovers all round and said it sits n sqauts beautifuly. took me for spin n it felt extremely well balanced. he paid 1500 for them I think. but im also interested in this too, so id like some info too. hehe im only a month away from lowering mine
Guest Guests Posted 15/06/07 11:41 PM Posted 15/06/07 11:41 PM (edited) C&V do kits mate. I think they're around $2200 for their base kit???Best to check their sponsor's section for full details Edited 15/06/07 11:41 PM by 03XR6T
01txr Member 861 Member For: 19y 8m 14d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 16/06/07 02:52 AM Posted 16/06/07 02:52 AM Find out where he got them for $1500 please as I maybe interested in getting them as well.
furioso Member 47 Member For: 19y 7m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth W.A. Posted 16/06/07 07:23 AM Posted 16/06/07 07:23 AM ill be seeing him 2moro, so ill ask
Guest Guests Posted 16/06/07 01:32 PM Posted 16/06/07 01:32 PM All depends what springs went in the car, I had lowered springs put in mine and it handles better than it did stock. I think they were a shade stiffer than factory.If your going to spend $22oo you might aswell spend $299o and put the Tein setup in, also remmember that to raise the height the coilovers still need to come out of the car so it's no more dicking around than a set of springs would be.
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 16/06/07 04:52 PM Author Posted 16/06/07 04:52 PM All depends what springs went in the car, I had lowered springs put in mine and it handles better than it did stock. I think they were a shade stiffer than factory.If your going to spend $22oo you might aswell spend $299o and put the Tein setup in, also remmember that to raise the height the coilovers still need to come out of the car so it's no more dicking around than a set of springs would be.I thought that you can just jack up the car, take off the wheel and adjust the height of the coilover with a special tool while its still on the car.Can someone else please confirm this..
XR6IXT Legacy Donating Member 662 Member For: 21y 1m 6d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 16/06/07 07:31 PM Posted 16/06/07 07:31 PM that's what I thoughtI've seen it being adjusted and nothing was removed except the wheel
dingah2 Crusty aviator Member 846 Member For: 22y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 16/06/07 10:12 PM Posted 16/06/07 10:12 PM I thought that you can just jack up the car, take off the wheel and adjust the height of the coilover with a special tool while its still on the car.Can someone else please confirm this..Correct.Dingah
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 5d Gender: Male Posted 17/06/07 10:22 AM Posted 17/06/07 10:22 AM there were some d2 coilovers for the falcon on ebay not too long ago, and they were around 1500$.. I started a topic but at the time no-one had them installed or had any expierence with them, and I read elsewhere that they aren't the best quality.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now