FreoTragic Member 10 Member For: 19y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: Yokine WA Posted 14/06/07 02:40 AM Posted 14/06/07 02:40 AM Hi thereI bought my BF XR6Turbo a few weeks back, it's silver and has 20" AU Racing rims fitted, with Wan-Li 225/35ZR20 fitted (no I didn't buy them, no I wouldn't buy them... Yes I have considered selling them and getting 18-19" with GOOD tyres so I can get some grip ) The rolling circumference of these is about 1cm more than that of the factory spare.A friend tells me he thinks it sits too high on these wheels, I can't see it being any more or less than the 1cm mentioned above, though I admit it could do with coming down a bit to help with the 'I'm a pimp' look.Anyway, I am interested in dropping it but unsure of the following;-How far I can drop it without rubbing etc-How much it might cost-Where in Perth area someone might know of for me to get this doneCould post a photo later on if anyone takes an interest in answering the above.Cheers fellas, great forum Simon
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 11d Gender: Male Posted 14/06/07 02:49 AM Posted 14/06/07 02:49 AM put a picture up for sure!!the best places in wa for lowering are probably wilkinsons or wa suspensions..some lovells will be what your after, see this posthttp://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=541298
FreoTragic Member 10 Member For: 19y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: Yokine WA Posted 14/06/07 01:27 PM Author Posted 14/06/07 01:27 PM Pic attached.
XR6IXT Legacy Donating Member 662 Member For: 21y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 14/06/07 03:59 PM Posted 14/06/07 03:59 PM You can go King Springs SL for front and SSL for the back should look close to the pic below
South Member 323 Member For: 20y 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 15/06/07 04:00 AM Posted 15/06/07 04:00 AM HA! nice car, I took that for a thrash from Lynford They took the rims off the phantom and put them on your one. Hope you didnt ask them to do that, as those rims are absolutely shocking! Your car has a very nice induction note!
FreoTragic Member 10 Member For: 19y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: Yokine WA Posted 15/06/07 06:44 AM Author Posted 15/06/07 06:44 AM HA! nice car, I took that for a thrash from Lynford They took the rims off the phantom and put them on your one. Hope you didnt ask them to do that, as those rims are absolutely shocking! Your car has a very nice induction note!Rims shocking in what way? I didn't ask them to put them on, they had already moved them from the phantom coloured one before we drove it. Good to hear you enjoyed thrashing my car.
1axr TEAM BLUEPRINT Member 913 Member For: 23y 8m Location: Perth W.A. Posted 15/06/07 07:41 AM Posted 15/06/07 07:41 AM Hi thereI bought my BF XR6Turbo a few weeks back, it's silver and has 20" AU Racing rims fitted, with Wan-Li 225/35ZR20 fitted (no I didn't buy them, no I wouldn't buy them... Yes I have considered selling them and getting 18-19" with GOOD tyres so I can get some grip ) The rolling circumference of these is about 1cm more than that of the factory spare.A friend tells me he thinks it sits too high on these wheels, I can't see it being any more or less than the 1cm mentioned above, though I admit it could do with coming down a bit to help with the 'I'm a pimp' look.Anyway, I am interested in dropping it but unsure of the following;-How far I can drop it without rubbing etc-How much it might cost-Where in Perth area someone might know of for me to get this doneCould post a photo later on if anyone takes an interest in answering the above.Cheers fellas, great forum SimonGo to WA Suspensions and ask for Peter, he will look after you. Ps:
South Member 323 Member For: 20y 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 16/06/07 01:41 AM Posted 16/06/07 01:41 AM Rims shocking in what way? I didn't ask them to put them on, they had already moved them from the phantom coloured one before we drove it. Good to hear you enjoyed thrashing my car. They dont suit the colour of the car, and belong more so on a Late model camira or a rice rocket. If you keep them, atleast get massive brakes under it too.It was a pleasure getting stuck into it, drove exceptionally well with the low profile tyres, if it had leather I would of snapped it up minus the rims.
leigh86 Legacy Donating Member 133 Member For: 19y 11m 19d Gender: Not Telling Posted 16/06/07 02:48 AM Posted 16/06/07 02:48 AM (edited) Jesus, I've seen a lot worse wheels fitted to XR's on this forum, and the owners actually chose those wheels. I reckon these look fine, just needs lowering and bigger brakes. Edited 16/06/07 02:53 AM by leigh86
FreoTragic Member 10 Member For: 19y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: Yokine WA Posted 16/06/07 05:12 AM Author Posted 16/06/07 05:12 AM They dont suit the colour of the car, and belong more so on a Late model camira or a rice rocket. If you keep them, atleast get massive brakes under it too.It was a pleasure getting stuck into it, drove exceptionally well with the low profile tyres, if it had leather I would of snapped it up minus the rims.South - please see my signature - 'thanks' for your opinion, unfortunately I was asking for technical advice, not opinions. Maybe I will start another thread for people to hang sh!t on me for choosing this car because it had those rims on it. OR NOT, since buying a car is a personal choice, made for personal reasons. Your opinion, whilst important to you, means jack sh!t to me.Can't see your car pictured anywhere champ, got any photo's? AND! WTF matter is it if the brakes look small compared to the wheels? They aren't there to look good, they are there to stop the car. Thanks to others for responding to my post with meaningful info - anyone else who wants to give me cr@p about the way something looks can PM me, so we can leave it off the forum. Warm RegardsSimon
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now