PURVIE Sexy Member Legacy Donating Member 524 Member For: 19y 9m 25d Gender: Male Location: Berwick, VIC Posted 09/06/07 08:56 AM Posted 09/06/07 08:56 AM Hey Guys,About half hour ago I was driving down webb st in Narre Warren and get to a set of lights. In front of me was another p plater in an n\a XR6 going in the same direction I was. He was stationary waiting for the lights to turn green. I rolled up behind him, waited for about 10 seconds or so, and then I saw his reverse lights come on, WHAT THE? I was a good car length behind him (still stationary) and he just took off in reverse, I frantically beeped my horn and before I knew it BANG smashed the whole front of my car, all the metal behind the front bar is twisted and farrrked, ill need new radiator, new cooler, new front bar, new plates, new front bar garnish, and that's all I could I see in the dark. His car looked OK but he had a tow bar fitted.Im guessing that he was reversing to get into the entrance behind me (which was still 100m behind my car), he is paying for it and all but its just an inconvience ya know? He wanted to pay cash too, sound a bit dodgy? Could of been his mummy's car and doesnt want her to find out?
gu4800 Member 156 Member For: 19y 5m 25d Location: Brisbane Posted 09/06/07 09:19 AM Posted 09/06/07 09:19 AM He is paying for it and all but its just an inconvience ya know? He wanted to pay cash too, sound a bit dodgy? Could of been his mummy's car and doesnt want her to find out? Either way, you MUST tell your insurance company and lodge the claim. Tell them exactly what happended, the fact that he admitted fault, etc, etc. You may pay an excess today, but your insurance company refunds it once they get it off the other driver or his insurance company.Think of this:1) He doesn't tell his insurance company straight away, and you could be waiting forever to get your car fixed2) He changes his story when dealing with the insurance company and all of a sudden YOU are at fault - afterall, YOU have the front end damage.Lodge your claim, tell them what happened, pay the dump and you'll have your car back in a matter of 1-2 weeks. Then, after they investigate, you get your coin back. That counts as one NOT AT FAULT claim which doesn't really mean much - like hail damage, not your fault. Your premium shouldn't increase, and the worst that can happen is they hold your rating for 1 year.Just remember, most insurance companies ask for claim history, but most importantly they are looking for "AT FAULT" claim history.I've had to do it twice in the last 6-7 years and I've been rating 1 for longer than that - didn't effect my history at all.Dan
sinnkexr6t Member 291 Member For: 20y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Hampton Park Posted 09/06/07 09:24 AM Posted 09/06/07 09:24 AM mate your farrked if he changes his story and you have no witnesses...you should have called the cops.
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 2d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 09/06/07 09:24 AM Posted 09/06/07 09:24 AM And go to the police station and fill out a report asap. It will save you in your time of need.Bad luck mate.
PURVIE Sexy Member Legacy Donating Member 524 Member For: 19y 9m 25d Gender: Male Location: Berwick, VIC Posted 09/06/07 09:24 AM Author Posted 09/06/07 09:24 AM Either way, you MUST tell your insurance company and lodge the claim. Tell them exactly what happended, the fact that he admitted fault, etc, etc. You may pay an excess today, but your insurance company refunds it once they get it off the other driver or his insurance company.Think of this:1) He doesn't tell his insurance company straight away, and you could be waiting forever to get your car fixed2) He changes his story when dealing with the insurance company and all of a sudden YOU are at fault - afterall, YOU have the front end damage.Lodge your claim, tell them what happened, pay the dump and you'll have your car back in a matter of 1-2 weeks. Then, after they investigate, you get your coin back. That counts as one NOT AT FAULT claim which doesn't really mean much - like hail damage, not your fault. Your premium shouldn't increase, and the worst that can happen is they hold your rating for 1 year.Just remember, most insurance companies ask for claim history, but most importantly they are looking for "AT FAULT" claim history.I've had to do it twice in the last 6-7 years and I've been rating 1 for longer than that - didn't effect my history at all.DanThanks Dan, ill give the Insurance company a call tomorrow and lodge a claim. It never really came to mind that he could turn it around on me though, so thanks for the feedback!Cheers,Matty
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 09/06/07 09:26 AM Posted 09/06/07 09:26 AM im not sure about vic but in nsw you also need to go to the police station and fill out a p5 statment.the insurance company may need it.
PURVIE Sexy Member Legacy Donating Member 524 Member For: 19y 9m 25d Gender: Male Location: Berwick, VIC Posted 09/06/07 09:27 AM Author Posted 09/06/07 09:27 AM Thanks guys, and you what im guna do right now? GO TO THE POLICE STATION! Will check back later on...
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 14d Gender: Male Posted 09/06/07 10:16 AM Posted 09/06/07 10:16 AM I was going along webb st around that time.. sorry to head mate!was it a silver XR6 with a loud exhaust.. there is some bloke driving around there with 1 that doesnt know how to drive & always wants to drag
Toxic Beast Member 514 Member For: 20y 1m 11d Gender: Male Posted 09/06/07 10:52 AM Posted 09/06/07 10:52 AM I was told that you get them to write a statement and sign it saying that they were at fault and what they did.my 2nd accident, I got outta the car and put on a pissed off face telling the guy that I'm selling my car in LOOK WHAT YOU DID! that works well. =)
xhute0 Member 55 Member For: 19y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Bordertown SA Posted 09/06/07 11:17 AM Posted 09/06/07 11:17 AM See the cops, then lodge a claim through your insurance company. Yes you will have to pay the excess but then its up to your insurance company to chase them for the dough. Either way the worst you get is 1 or 2 weeks without the car (easy for me to say I know) and perhaps out of pocket your excess (in my case 250 bucks)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now