TBO240 Member 628 Member For: 23y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Posted 03/06/07 01:24 AM Posted 03/06/07 01:24 AM what improvement should I expect over the quarter mile with mickey thompsom et sreets 275/40/17 and a 3000 high stall.I was previous running street tyres and a 2500 high stall ,the car has a aps stage 11 kit 258rwkws and yarra valley auto with a best time of [email protected] and a 1.914 60 ft.
FSIX Member 566 Member For: 20y 11m 12d Posted 03/06/07 12:05 PM Posted 03/06/07 12:05 PM Steve its been a while since you raced for that PB, most improvements will come from your 60 foot.Do you have edit now, getting the torque truncation removed from the auto will help you a lot.
TBO240 Member 628 Member For: 23y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Posted 03/06/07 12:46 PM Author Posted 03/06/07 12:46 PM your right its been over 18mths or more since I raced, I dont have the edit but it will be the first time I have raced with good tyres and the higher stall.im hoping I can atleast improve by 3/10ths
2fardown Member 526 Member For: 21y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/06/07 03:50 AM Posted 04/06/07 03:50 AM Low 1.7 60 foot should be easily achievable I would think.
ford number 1 Legacy Donating Member 602 Member For: 22y 1m 8d Gender: Male Location: N/W Sydney Posted 04/06/07 07:49 AM Posted 04/06/07 07:49 AM I agree, I got a 1.72 60 foot with a standard converter..
TBO240 Member 628 Member For: 23y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Posted 04/06/07 09:43 AM Author Posted 04/06/07 09:43 AM 1.7 60 foot time should give me a ball park 3/10 improvement ,hope to put it to the test in 3-4 weeks
TBO240 Member 628 Member For: 23y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Posted 04/06/07 09:48 AM Author Posted 04/06/07 09:48 AM I agree,I got a 1.72 60 foot with a standard converter.. what change between your 12.64 and your 11.87 just tyres or more mods
ford number 1 Legacy Donating Member 602 Member For: 22y 1m 8d Gender: Male Location: N/W Sydney Posted 04/06/07 10:41 AM Posted 04/06/07 10:41 AM (edited) I did the 12.6 with tune,valve springs and MT's..The 11.8 was with other mods in signature Edited 23/06/07 01:24 AM by Adam
FSIX Member 566 Member For: 20y 11m 12d Posted 05/06/07 08:00 AM Posted 05/06/07 08:00 AM I agree,I got a 1.72 60 foot with a standard converter.. With no edit on the auto and a 3000 rpm hi-stall its a good chance it may go into limp home mode, also the torque truncation may prevent him from leaving the line hard..Good luck Steve, I hope you don't have the same issues we had with our Boss powered cars before edit allowed us to run a decent hi-stall.
MYWPN Legacy Donating Member 554 Member For: 21y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: Bendigo Posted 05/06/07 08:35 AM Posted 05/06/07 08:35 AM XR6t do have have the same limp home thing as the boss, get over 2800rpm without edit and it will go into limp home mode
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now