scott52 Member 188 Member For: 23y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 22/04/07 07:34 AM Posted 22/04/07 07:34 AM This is quite a simple exercise.1. Using a small screwdiver pop the switch out of the head lining.2. Unplug the switch.3. With small screwdrier remove the switch cover and the buttons will come out.4. Desolder the 5 x green 1206 SMD LED's.5. Solder in 5 x new blue 1206 SMD LED's.6. Replace buttons and cover.7. Plug in the wiring.8. Snap back into head lining.I made a slip on tool for the soldering iron to desolder the LED's. LED's are approx 150mcd.Cheers,Scott
Demonio Legacy Donating Member 109 Member For: 21y 3m 11d Gender: Male Location: Mackay North QLD Posted 23/04/07 09:55 PM Posted 23/04/07 09:55 PM Thax Scott that's awesome I will have to have a go at mine now. How long did it take you the entire process?? Do the 150mcd match the interior brightness??CheersNathan
scott52 Member 188 Member For: 23y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 23/04/07 11:30 PM Author Posted 23/04/07 11:30 PM Nathan,It took about 30 mins from start to finish. The 150 mcd are about spot on in terms of brightness.The tricky bit is getting the old ones out ... that's why you need to be able to heat both ends of the LED at once. If you have a look at my post in the "Illuminated Window Switch Guide" I give a link to where you can get the LED's.Good luck!Cheers,Scott
slippunchdump Member 116 Member For: 20y 5m 14d Gender: Male Posted 24/04/07 12:56 AM Posted 24/04/07 12:56 AM Too much time on your hands
ORSMBA ORSM Ford Cruisers! Legacy Donating Member 319 Member For: 21y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/04/07 01:15 AM Posted 24/04/07 01:15 AM Hey scott, I found that the normal blue was a little too bright and didnt match the rest of the interior. And the XR blue require more forward voltage than the switch uses. This is the same procedure on all Webatso/Holandia Sunroofs I think also.Matt
scott52 Member 188 Member For: 23y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 24/04/07 10:30 AM Author Posted 24/04/07 10:30 AM Matt,The blue is pretty close and the brightness is about right. They are the same as I used in the window switches. I took the punt that they would be ok in the sunroof switch ... so far so good ... the roof still works.Cheers,Scott
Ghia Member 191 Member For: 23y 9m 26d Gender: Male Location: Aus.Vic.Melb Posted 24/04/07 11:20 PM Posted 24/04/07 11:20 PM That's quite freaky - I was driving home looking at my roof last night thinking... Why the hell are they green when everything else is blue.Could you do it for a price if I sent my switch across, I'm handly with a soldering iron, but not that handy - take it to PM if you like
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now