8psi Or 10psi?

sir_juggsalot

• Iconoclast
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 9d

Get brakes.. Good move.....

If your in Sydney you have to stop sometimes...

Just keep in mind, everything is negotiable and if you find a tuner, tell him (or her) what you want to do, then they will negotiate... Get a tune now you know your motor is safe.. No point finding out 8 weeks from now it was running lean and has scored the sleeves..... Then every dollar you spend will be trying to catch the ones you have burnt

Edited by Blonk

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TerriGhia
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 15d

What is your motivation for modding the car?

I don't mean to have a go at you,but,yoa said she drives it 90% of the time in peak hour trafic,and you also dont drive it that hard.

She may never want to drive it again.Sounds like it's her car to me.

All that power comes at a cost.Reliability,fuel consumption and driveability may all sufer.

I am not aganst modding cars in any way at all.But I would like to know why you want to and what you expext?

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 29d

The power does come at a cost, but it is in dollar form. Eg yougy's extreme tuned ute makes around 350rwkw on his daily run-around tune. I've driven his ute a number of times and fuel consumption is over 2L/100km's better than my stock T and driveability (in the way of the tune and induction setup) is sensational (ceramic clutch takes a bit of getting used to though!!). It also has never missed a beat and is safe as. It's hard to believe, especially fuel consumption, but I'm not kinding at all... it blows me away.

PS sir juggsalot.... You can get a custom tune to service both her and your needs when you feel the time is right to go down the custom path.

• Member For: 17y 2m 18d
What is your motivation for modding the car?

I don't mean to have a go at you,but,yoa said she drives it 90% of the time in peak hour trafic,and you also dont drive it that hard.

She may never want to drive it again.Sounds like it's her car to me.

All that power comes at a cost.Reliability,fuel consumption and driveability may all sufer.

I am not aganst modding cars in any way at all.But I would like to know why you want to and what you expext?

At what point did I say I never drive it hard? Mate I thrash the thing when Im behind the wheel. The only time shes driving it when im in the car is when ive been drinking. She may drive it most of the time but that's purely to and from work - doesnt mean its her car. I clean the thing by hand every weekend, service it myself and change the oil myself every 5k.

But to answer your question, I'm after a car that goes bloody fast when im behind the wheel on weekends, but can also be driven sedately by my partner on weekdays.

With my mods in a few weeks I expect to get 280-300rwkw. I don't believe I have to sacrifice reliability and driveability to have this.

• Member For: 19y 10m 13d
With my mods in a few weeks I expect to get 280-300rwkw. I don't believe I have to sacrifice reliability and driveability to have this.

I dont believe you have to either just do like I did ditch the partner lot cheaper in the end :wub:

• Member For: 17y 8m 6d

not bagin the site sponsors but I had my work done by john at intune and could not be happer have taken it to other places for a retune to see if they could do any better but none have been able to match fuel consumption speed and drivability that he does with the car you made a good choice going with intune. you pay for what you get and he isnt scared to spend the time my car was on the dyno for 5 hours at intune gettting the right setting not at my request but his he takes pride in his work and that's great to see and the results showed....

• 4 weeks later...
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 17y 4m 8d
She may drive it most of the time but that's purely to and from work - doesnt mean its her car. I clean the thing by hand every weekend, service it myself and change the oil myself every 5k.

But to answer your question, I'm after a car that goes bloody fast when im behind the wheel on weekends, but can also be driven sedately by my partner on weekdays.

My situation exactly......

This is why I intend to install "my" tune on Friday nights and put the stock tune back in on Sunday night for her to drive to work the next day....whats so difficult about that?

Love these flash tuners.... :stirthepot: