aiboart Member 665 Member For: 21y 8m 24d Posted 15/04/07 12:48 AM Posted 15/04/07 12:48 AM (edited) Follow the link, check the avatar and then read the post... Edited 15/04/07 12:49 AM by aiboart
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 15/04/07 01:13 AM Posted 15/04/07 01:13 AM (edited) That was the cremation of an old set of tyres aa. I had them replaced 45 minutes after that!Oh and they were sh*tty 245/40/18 federals too.Check the rims and then realise what rims I have now. Edited 15/04/07 01:40 AM by Dagabond
EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 15/04/07 01:23 AM Posted 15/04/07 01:23 AM (edited) Forget it I'm blind Edited 15/04/07 01:26 AM by EZ2CME
Evil F6 Legacy Donating Member 830 Member For: 20y 9m Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 16/04/07 02:03 AM Posted 16/04/07 02:03 AM Everyone that has driven my car is amazed at how these things stick. Cheap too.Hankook K107/ S1 EVO 275/30/19 Cost me 340 bucks fitted, and IMHO are streets ahead of V103's.I'm thinking of putting these on my wife' golf and using her car as a test bed. It's off putting that even dealers that sell them always steeryou away from Hankook or Kumho and toward the Big four.
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 16/04/07 02:19 AM Posted 16/04/07 02:19 AM I'm thinking of putting these on my wife' golf and using her car as a test bed. It's off putting that even dealers that sell them always steeryou away from Hankook or Kumho and toward the Big four.They may not be as good as PS2's, but then again, I aint gonna fork out 600 bucks plus a corner for something that IMHO is only slightly better. And these look horn too!
CSV_LS1 Member 303 Member For: 22y 7m 7d Gender: Male Posted 16/04/07 03:22 AM Posted 16/04/07 03:22 AM I'd recommend the Continental Sport Contact 2. Have them in 255/35 19 on the rear and they grip awesome.
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 16/04/07 03:48 AM Posted 16/04/07 03:48 AM They may not be as good as PS2's, but then again, I aint gonna fork out 600 bucks plus a corner for something that IMHO is only slightly better. And these look horn too!I think you should take a test drive in a car with some top level tyres mate.Bridgestone RE050, Continental Sport Contact 2, Goodyear GSD3, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, Yokohama V103, Michelin Pilot Sport 2.Hankooks won't be anywhere near the peformance level of the tyres listed above. Sure they may be good, but compare apples with apples.Compare the Hankooks with Second level tyres like Kumho SPT's, Falkens, Michelin Pilot Preceda 2, Pirelli P Zero Nero, Bridgestone S03's, Maxis, Dunlop Max's etc..I guarantee they won't be winning any competitions there either.
Evil F6 Legacy Donating Member 830 Member For: 20y 9m Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 16/04/07 09:13 AM Posted 16/04/07 09:13 AM I think you should take a test drive in a car with some top level tyres mate.Bridgestone RE050, Continental Sport Contact 2, Goodyear GSD3, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, Yokohama V103, Michelin Pilot Sport 2.Hankooks won't be anywhere near the peformance level of the tyres listed above. Sure they may be good, but compare apples with apples.Compare the Hankooks with Second level tyres like Kumho SPT's, Falkens, Michelin Pilot Preceda 2, Pirelli P Zero Nero, Bridgestone S03's, Maxis, Dunlop Max's etc..I guarantee they won't be winning any competitions there either.Hey Cro you must be getting soft - when did you add GSD3, RE050, V103 to the top tier list. A few weeks ago they were all rubbish
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 16/04/07 10:41 AM Posted 16/04/07 10:41 AM Hey Cro you must be getting soft that's what happens when you buy a VWI plan on running pilot sports on the front (where I get good wear) and probably the Preceda's on the rearI have the hankoock's on my car at the moment and would not call them a "good" tire, they are noisy, get oily when hot and dont grip all that well
turbo_nick some guy... Member 277 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Posted 16/04/07 01:26 PM Posted 16/04/07 01:26 PM Hey Cro you must be getting soft - when did you add GSD3, RE050, V103 to the top tier list. A few weeks ago they were all rubbish Not sure if the latest Wheel tyre test had anything to do with it? hehe
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now