Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 04/06/03 08:43 AM Posted 04/06/03 08:43 AM Brent> you seem overly worried about the "value" of your "real" XR being eroded by the copies - mate, it just won't happen like that. Can you name one car that it has happened to? I can't that's for sure. And, as someone else has said, it will actually cost the person more to do the mods later as an add-on than what a genuine XR costs.Some people can't afford the XR straight up, but after a couple of years they can add the extras to suit their taste and budget.
cvanxr Member 502 Member For: 23y 10m 23d Location: Country NSW Posted 04/06/03 10:33 PM Posted 04/06/03 10:33 PM They arent meant to have the roof mounted sunglass holder..... Now that I take issue with. :cussing: It's the only thing that I miss from my AU. I will get over it eventually. Maybe the power, speed, handling, etc of my Turbo will help me.... :laughter:
BrentS Member 79 Member For: 23y 7m 16d Posted 04/06/03 10:59 PM Posted 04/06/03 10:59 PM Turbo6man,I take your point, and hey, at the end of the day my point is just an opinion. When I thought about this topic, the overwhelming thing in my mind was that for the last 12 or so years since I've been driving, locally made performance cars have had a bloody pathetic resale history (especially Ford), and it's always been us, the poor customer, who has had to wear it. Why is this the case?.....stuffed if I know. Maybe they build too many XRs for all I know, or maybe they're too cheap!!! Who really knows???All I was saying was that a proliferation of hybrid cars which consist of a mix and match of engines, transmissions, body stying etc from performance and non-performance models may not exactly help the resale problem we have faced for the last two decades.I hope you are indeed correct and XR values will not be effected at all. Time will tell.
Guest atessa Guests Posted 05/06/03 12:51 AM Posted 05/06/03 12:51 AM Can someone tell me what this car is XR6 na , XR6T , Or XT wit no badges.Credit to the owner it looks horn !! Got to love those 19" HERROD WHEELS and a dropjob.
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 2d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 05/06/03 12:59 AM Posted 05/06/03 12:59 AM WOW, that's great.Appears to have started life as an XR, who knows what stage its at now?Nice wheels and love it in white, havent seen a white XR on the road yet :(
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/06/03 03:01 AM Posted 05/06/03 03:01 AM Those pics were taken on the Warragamba Damn cruise, I can't remember the members name, but frm what I heard it is a Turbo.
Mals BA XR6T Member 381 Member For: 23y 10m 1d Location: Sydney Posted 05/06/03 04:13 AM Posted 05/06/03 04:13 AM I'd say part of the resale problem is both Ford, and Holden, rip apart the shape of their cars every 4 years or so. I think if they left it till 8 years it would be a different story. Look and the BMW's for example, you can tell they are a BM straight away, and I think that's part of the reason they hold their value so well. Toyota's Landcruiser is another example
mercturbo Member 696 Member For: 23y 6m 16d Location: Geelong Posted 05/06/03 07:28 AM Posted 05/06/03 07:28 AM I'd say part of the resale problem is both Ford, and Holden, rip apart the shape of their cars every 4 years or so. I think if they left it till 8 years it would be a different story. Look and the BMW's for example, you can tell they are a BM straight away, and I think that's part of the reason they hold their value so well. Toyota's Landcruiser is another example Fair comment but if Ford kept AU for 4 more years I think they might by umm out of buisness.
Cam Member 397 Member For: 23y 8m 4d Location: Brisbane Posted 05/06/03 07:59 AM Posted 05/06/03 07:59 AM I'd say part of the resale problem is both Ford, and Holden, rip apart the shape of their cars every 4 years or so. I think if they left it till 8 years it would be a different story. Look and the BMW's for example, you can tell they are a BM straight away, and I think that's part of the reason they hold their value so well. Toyota's Landcruiser is another exampleFair comment but if Ford kept AU for 4 more years I think they might by umm out of buisness. If somethings that bad the of course you change it.The new BMW 7 series is poin t in case - it was changed substancially in its first face list...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now