Envi_XR8 Member 142 Member For: 20y 9m 25d Location: Port Kennedy WA Posted 11/04/07 07:55 AM Posted 11/04/07 07:55 AM Hi Guys. Did bit of a ring around for a K&N filter for the TT but no one had a listing for it so would the XR6T filter be the same as mine no one could answer for sure Repco , coventrys, Auto 1 Any one got any ideas Thanks in Advance
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/04/07 08:11 AM Posted 11/04/07 08:11 AM The airbox looks exactly the same in both cars, so I would say they are the same. I would not waste your money as the Ford paper filter, filters better. If you put a 2nd CAI in, this will make a bigger difference.I will be installing a F6 CAI into mine on Saturday.
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 10d Posted 11/04/07 08:18 AM Posted 11/04/07 08:18 AM I don't think that the CAI or the filter had any in the seat of the pants gain when installed on my car. I would be putting my money towards an edit and tune.
KW CONNER Member 52 Member For: 19y 5m Location: Cessnock Posted 04/05/07 04:23 PM Posted 04/05/07 04:23 PM The K&N on my XR gave me 1.5 Hp power gain over standard filter dyno proven.
The Unforgiven Member 119 Member For: 19y 8m 8d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 05/05/07 02:49 PM Posted 05/05/07 02:49 PM 1kw at the rear wheels is bugger all and would never be felt driving in the real world. That's not to discredit it though, as you still did get a gain. Have you done any other CAI modifications? I would think that the filter would compliment any additional mods done in this area more than it would if the intak it standard.
KW CONNER Member 52 Member For: 19y 5m Location: Cessnock Posted 05/05/07 03:15 PM Posted 05/05/07 03:15 PM Was getting a power figure for car , before I start doing my mods . Whilst on the dyno I had a K&N in the boot I bout earlier in the day . Thought id put it in and test to prove that a K&N was a good filter . Mainly bought it so that it will last through at least the next few services . Car is still rock stock , but not for long . I am aiming for apporx 500kws at the wheels eventually .
f-wolf Member 897 Member For: 19y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 06/05/07 12:04 AM Posted 06/05/07 12:04 AM (edited) Hi Guys. Did bit of a ring around for a K&N filter for the TT but no one had a listing for it so would the XR6T filter be the same as mine no one could answer for sure Repco , coventrys, Auto 1 Any one got any ideas Thanks in Advance Safe your money. Keep your Factory Filter. Have you ever looked through a K&N filter ............ scary !!!!It may keep Bugs out, but not fine Dust. Edited 06/05/07 12:05 AM by f-wolf
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/05/07 01:29 AM Posted 06/05/07 01:29 AM I agree that the K&N and BMC filters DO NOT filter as good as the factory one.While the aftermarket filters can give you a gain, it is at the sacrifice of good filtering. Ford have also been known to be a bit narky about aftermarket filters.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now