groper Member 611 Member For: 19y 7m 26d Posted 05/04/07 01:51 PM Author Posted 05/04/07 01:51 PM Also, a better IC AND higher flowing piping will net you similar power on less boost... 300 on 15 could be 300 on 12 with a good set upyep, that's what I want, now which cooler do I get??? I wanna replace stock inlet manifold with a custom plenum and relocate the battery like the nispro setup and 350rwkw is the minimum I want to achieve.the intercooler system seems to be the trickiest component of the whole modification process to get right...
AIM-300 SUPERLAP 2011 Member 158 Member For: 19y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: townsville Posted 17/04/07 07:16 AM Posted 17/04/07 07:16 AM what about the aps DR series intercooler kit, anyone know how expensive they are or how they perform?
lotto Inactive Members 1 Member For: 19y 5m 1d Posted 26/04/07 07:15 AM Posted 26/04/07 07:15 AM what about the aps DR series intercooler kit, anyone know how expensive they are or how they perform?does adding bigger intercoolers affest the air cons performance as they are blocking the radiator more?
CV PERFORMANCE Senior Member Member 139 Member For: 20y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Caringbah 9526-5322 Posted 26/04/07 07:56 AM Posted 26/04/07 07:56 AM Process West do very good coolersCV PERFORMANCE
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 11d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 26/04/07 12:03 PM Posted 26/04/07 12:03 PM what about the aps DR series intercooler kit, anyone know how expensive they are or how they perform?APS intercoolers are pretty good but cost around $2000. does adding bigger intercoolers affest the air cons performance as they are blocking the radiator more?No
XRDOSE BIGRED Legacy Donating Member 1,410 Member For: 19y 6m 4d Gender: Male Location: Sth East Melb Posted 27/05/07 01:09 PM Posted 27/05/07 01:09 PM I have an F6 cooler on mine....anyone know how much power they can take? and what would be the power increase from having an F6 cooler on an otherwise stock car?
groper Member 611 Member For: 19y 7m 26d Posted 27/05/07 10:22 PM Author Posted 27/05/07 10:22 PM I have an F6 cooler on mine....anyone know how much power they can take? and what would be the power increase from having an F6 cooler on an otherwise stock car?very little gain and not much better than stock...
TornadoJudd Legacy Donating Member 818 Member For: 20y 7m 12d Posted 27/05/07 10:38 PM Posted 27/05/07 10:38 PM very little gain and not much better than stock...I dont agree with that Groper there have been plenty of cars with 300+rwkw with F6 coolers.
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 7d Posted 28/05/07 12:32 AM Posted 28/05/07 12:32 AM (edited) does adding bigger intercoolers affest the air cons performance as they are blocking the radiator more?A good quality intercooler core wont, but seeing as there is no off the shelf item that is using a crap core, which is a bolt on item to this car. You will find that there is no such a problem. Usually VL turbo owners who cut down old arse truck intercooler cores and fit a 1 metre wide intercooler to the front of their car to try and save a buck and get that fully sick look get such issues. I dont agree with that Groper there have been plenty of cars with 300+rwkw with F6 coolers.Check my signature, I am one of them cars. They flow well but suffer dearly from heat soak after a few runs. Edited 28/05/07 12:35 AM by Fat-Tony
CV PERFORMANCE Senior Member Member 139 Member For: 20y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Caringbah 9526-5322 Posted 28/05/07 02:03 AM Posted 28/05/07 02:03 AM I dont agree with that Groper there have been plenty of cars with 300+rwkw with F6 coolers.A stock cooler can make over 300rwklw but if you value your motor in anyway you would use it,we recommend and use Process WestCV PERFORMANCE
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now