grepin Member 109 Member For: 19y 8m 27d Posted 26/03/07 05:56 AM Posted 26/03/07 05:56 AM How far can we reve these cars? Auto BA.Both in stock form and with upgrade including springs.There is no redline mark.
Chargin Member 37 Member For: 20y 3m 6d Posted 26/03/07 06:00 AM Posted 26/03/07 06:00 AM I read somewhere why theres no redline, the limit changes depending on... something, boost or some other ECU controlled parameter.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 29d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 26/03/07 06:03 AM Posted 26/03/07 06:03 AM its about 5900 stock no edit.
wiresquire Member 266 Member For: 21y 10m 12d Posted 26/03/07 08:48 AM Posted 26/03/07 08:48 AM (edited) I read somewhere why theres no redline, the limit changes depending on... something, boost or some other ECU controlled parameter.←Yeah, I thought I saw it in the owner's manual. I don't have mine handy, but I think it was 6200rpm, and dropped back to 5800rpm based on some ecu parameters that weren't explained. Edited 26/03/07 08:48 AM by wiresquire
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 26/03/07 10:53 AM Posted 26/03/07 10:53 AM Yep the redline differs in the BF with the ZF box.. This is done for optimum gear changes in the box.If you want it higher then get it tuned
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 26/03/07 11:36 AM Posted 26/03/07 11:36 AM Pointless changeing at redline as you are revving for possibly no incremental power gain. If changeing manually do it in the torque sweet spot
grepin Member 109 Member For: 19y 8m 27d Posted 27/03/07 08:02 AM Author Posted 27/03/07 08:02 AM So what do people generally rev to.Does springs allow more rev or does it depend on tune?
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 15d Gender: Male Posted 28/03/07 12:50 AM Posted 28/03/07 12:50 AM (edited) stock ba I rev to around 5500..doesn't get any more power any higher in the rev rangeEDIT: and the hard cut is 5900 in mine, but can be altered with edit.BCL's car revs to 7500 im pretty sure, but that's with a new motor and lots of power Edited 28/03/07 12:52 AM by XR06T
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now