Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/03/07 06:17 AM Posted 26/03/07 06:17 AM It really depends on what you want to do.Trails with jumps? free riding etc etc?For $500 youre not going to get much of a bike.. at least nothing with decent gears, disc brakes, forks or frame.$800 you are getting in entry level trail bikes.I bought myself a Norco Wolverine for 899 I think it was. Has been a great buy so far. Works well on trails and jumps.. Its been on the Commonwealth Games track here in Melbourne and handled that well..If possible, spend $1000.. Youll get something with adjustable front shocks, possibly hydraulic disc brakes and a fairly sturdy frame.
Max Power Member 381 Member For: 22y 5m 6d Location: MENAI, NSW Posted 26/03/07 09:09 AM Posted 26/03/07 09:09 AM It just so happens that my 12 year old has been perstering me to get him the Haro V3 which comes with disc brakes for $599. Are these any good and is the price on the money?
SAMSXR6T Member 685 Member For: 21y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: CENTRAL COAST Posted 26/03/07 10:10 AM Posted 26/03/07 10:10 AM yeah would think that if you spend that little bit more and get yourself something a little bit Descent... I would be looking around the $1000 to $1500 but if your happy with the $500 to $800 go with it..
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/03/07 11:54 AM Posted 26/03/07 11:54 AM It just so happens that my 12 year old has been perstering me to get him the Haro V3 which comes with disc brakes for $599. Are these any good and is the price on the money?←They are ok for a kids bike I think they have adjustable front shocks, 2.2" wide tyres and disc brakes - from memory. Its all bottom of the range gear, but any bike below $900 these days will have most if not all bottom of the range stuff.Theyd be fine for a kid so long as hes not actually doing big jumps.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 25d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 26/03/07 04:27 PM Posted 26/03/07 04:27 PM Where's 100% when ya need him....
eMPee Member 247 Member For: 22y 7m Location: Sydney Posted 26/03/07 10:57 PM Posted 26/03/07 10:57 PM YEah that's up next, when all this rain stops. Always do my homeowrk first on here and then head out.←No worries mate. Its like anything, u get what u pay for. There will always be a better bike if u throw a bit more cash into your situation. Next thing u know your leaving the shop with a downhill bike with monster forks and 7 grand out of your pocket As long as it suits your application a cheaper bike will be fine. I'd go the Giant, but have a ride of a few and u will know whats suits best. Will it be like most bikes and after a few months sit in the back of the shed covered in cobwebs?
velociTy Team Velocity Member 1,202 Member For: 22y 10d Gender: Male Location: Margs WA Posted 26/03/07 11:49 PM Posted 26/03/07 11:49 PM I bought one of these .It's a giant thermo 1,very quick gear changes,front rock shocks,disc brakes.I think it cost around $700
SAMSXR6T Member 685 Member For: 21y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: CENTRAL COAST Posted 27/03/07 12:37 AM Posted 27/03/07 12:37 AM Iconic Bionic I have sent you a pm..
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 27/03/07 02:17 AM Posted 27/03/07 02:17 AM I bought one of these .It's a giant thermo 1,very quick gear changes,front rock shocks,disc brakes.I think it cost around $700←I was looking at the Thermo..Its a great bike for trail riding.I do a bit more than trail riding though and decided on a stronger frame and shocks.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 1m Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 27/03/07 03:29 AM Posted 27/03/07 03:29 AM http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33630bloody bargain!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now