Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • boosting
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Glendene, Auckland NZ 0602
Posted

Hey guys and girls,

sorry to be a pain as this brake issue has probably been so much.

But I just need your opinions and experiences.

Well I have a May 04 reg xr6t, and brakes needed doing in the front at maybe 45000km and the backs have just been done at 52000km.

Now I am wondering, are the brakes covered under the warranty? if so what is actually covered, I am assuming that the pads are not but is the machining and other parts covered in the brakes department?

The dealer needed to order some rubber parts from OZ which were "missing" in the fronts.

I'm just wondering as I paid 2 very heafty bills for this work to be done! And if it is covered then I will be trying to get my money back!

Thank you all in advance

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

brake pads obviously are not covered but if you had brake shudder, the machining of the rotors should be covered under warranty :w00t2:

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 26d
  • Location: Auckland NZ
Posted (edited)

had mine machined twice and FORD covered all the costs. Missing parts ?? If the brakes were worked on by FORD last time ask them to cover the missing parts. Did they tell you whet you were paying to replace?

Talk to the guys at racebrakes http://www.racebrakes.co.nz/ they will sort out the dodgy factory set up, often just with a decent set of pads. They are really helpful and arent going to try to sell you something you dont need.

Edited by apache_dj
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

I don't see how 'missing parts' wouldn't be covered by warranty!! I would be going to get my money back.

  • THE Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Not sure what Rubber parts for the brakes they would need to import from over here?? Seems strange to me....

Chooka

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...