Ghia Member 191 Member For: 23y 9m 26d Gender: Male Location: Aus.Vic.Melb Posted 10/03/07 11:15 PM Posted 10/03/07 11:15 PM Hey Guys,On startup of the T (auto BAii), turn the key and the revs rise to 1700RPM ish - Stock.With my Edit, same procedure but it will rise to about 2700RPM before dropping back to normal.Now I have a few questions, What does everyone elses do? Is that normal (ok) stock? Is that normal (ok) with the Edit?Thanks guys.
G6ET8U Playing with Sports Bikes... Legacy Donating Member 1,927 Member For: 20y 11m 5d Gender: Male Location: Whistling, GTX. Posted 11/03/07 12:07 AM Posted 11/03/07 12:07 AM I always found there was a slight 'race up' on first start up. After the car was edited the 'race' went slightly higher but not much.Now I have the Stage 2 on the car the 'race up' on start up is still there... it doesn't really bother me, it only lasts for a second or so, before it settles in to a nice even idle.Jack
JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 14d Location: Canberra Posted 11/03/07 12:20 AM Posted 11/03/07 12:20 AM mine goes to around 1800-2000rpm then settles. I'd say that 2700 is a little high though, I'm pretty sure your tuner can alter how much it races up. Not sure if it would cause any damage or problems, best to ask your tuner
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 11/03/07 12:34 AM Posted 11/03/07 12:34 AM Mine shoots up to 1800 for a second or two and then comes down, it never did until I got the edit done.
silverchris Member 129 Member For: 22y 7m 28d Location: Bulleen, Vic Posted 11/03/07 07:01 AM Posted 11/03/07 07:01 AM Mine shoots up to 1800 for a second or two and then comes down, it never did until I got the edit done.←Must be normal. Mine does it after an edut too. Roughy same revs as this, maybe slightly higher to about 2000. Only lasts a couple of seconds then drops back to normal cold start idle of around 800-900.
exahsix Member 296 Member For: 21y 4d Location: Monterey, NSW Posted 11/03/07 07:05 AM Posted 11/03/07 07:05 AM yep fast idle to approx 2000rpm for a sec then settles back down to 700ish. Thi is only on cold start. 2700 is a bit high - ask your tuner to fix it.
dingah2 Crusty aviator Member 846 Member For: 22y 3m 15d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 11/03/07 07:30 AM Posted 11/03/07 07:30 AM Where did you get your Edit done?Dingah
Ghia Member 191 Member For: 23y 9m 26d Gender: Male Location: Aus.Vic.Melb Posted 11/03/07 09:35 AM Author Posted 11/03/07 09:35 AM I got the Edit done at XTC a few months ago.....I'd figured 2700ish was too high, I was looking for opinions on the 1700ish on stock tune. I'll have a chat to the this week.Thanks for your help guys
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 12d Gender: Male Posted 11/03/07 10:29 AM Posted 11/03/07 10:29 AM 1250 stock manual
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 11/03/07 10:41 AM Posted 11/03/07 10:41 AM on the generic tune mine did this high idle stuff but with a c&v custom tune it starts up at 1000 and idles warm at 750 solid with 60lb injectors.its all in the tune.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now