falconutebeast Member 196 Member For: 20y 4m 9d Location: Sydney, Bankstown Posted 11/03/07 10:43 AM Posted 11/03/07 10:43 AM I say:capa flash tuner $1000Bf xr8 lower headlight snorkle$65xr6 turbo upper snorkle$40k&n air filter $1202nd hand xr6turbo/ xr8/typhoon exhaust $150metal cat $300pacemaker 4995 headers $500underdrives $ (ask Nosxr)
Guest Guests Posted 11/03/07 10:50 AM Posted 11/03/07 10:50 AM First things I would suggest would be:BMC or K&N - $120Typhoon lower snorkel - $7020% Under Driver Balancer - $???Headers - $450 and up (make sure you know the ones you want)Exhaust system - $1000CAPA flash tuner - $1000 (less if you look around)Custom tune - $400 Short shift for a manual - $350 to $550High Stall from JMM for a auto - $650Dry NOS Kit works well - $1300 Soon there'll be,Spitfire plugsBPT High Out Put Coils packsHead Porting & PolishingCan't wait for that last one, there are many more mods on the market but these are the ones worth mentioning.
Guest Guests Posted 11/03/07 10:58 AM Posted 11/03/07 10:58 AM Don't forget to do a dyno run before you start your mods.Getting a before at a tuner your going to go back to helps as well.K&N oil filter is a must for BA's don't think they make them for BF's yet.
falconutebeast Member 196 Member For: 20y 4m 9d Location: Sydney, Bankstown Posted 11/03/07 11:21 AM Posted 11/03/07 11:21 AM also I vote for jmm spark plugs(Autolite spark plugs) $90I had a k&n oil filter, and I used to have a oil pressure gauge too, I found the k&n doesnt flow as good as well as say a Ryco or valverlean
Guest Guests Posted 11/03/07 08:18 PM Posted 11/03/07 08:18 PM (edited) I had a k&n oil filter, and I used to have a oil pressure gauge too, I found the k&n doesnt flow as good as well as say a Ryco or valverleanThink your right, I cut one open in a workshop after an oil change one day, theres a lot more in the K&N than the normal one, I havn't cut open a Ryco yet.Got any pic's of JMM plugs?It would be good to see a test between the Autolite plugs and teh Spitfire plugs one day. It would be a quick and easy test to. Only thing would make it hard would be the difference between the two would not be much (if any) so results on the dyno may be to tight to tell.Can some one give Lynxcorp a call and ask them when the Spitfire Plugs, the triple Platinums, are in yet. I cal every to weeks and have been since early Jan, all I get is. "there on their way, soon real soon".These plugs with the BTP coil packs will let us run massive gaps, if theres more power to be had out of the Cyl that combo will find it.Getting over ball braking.Lynx Corporation PTY LTD.12 Bonnal Road, Erina NSW AustraliaPhone: (02) 4367 0522 Fax: (02) 4365 6077Email[email protected] Sorry to go a bit off topic. Edited 11/03/07 08:23 PM by NOS XR
falconutebeast Member 196 Member For: 20y 4m 9d Location: Sydney, Bankstown Posted 11/03/07 10:26 PM Posted 11/03/07 10:26 PM I dont have pics of the plugs as I never took any before I put them in.I can take a pic of the little box they come in.I'll give em a call, do my bit for the team
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 13/03/07 07:05 AM Posted 13/03/07 07:05 AM Just stick a blower on it and be done with it!
lukee85 Member 9 Member For: 19y 6m 26d Gender: Male Posted 14/03/07 07:34 AM Author Posted 14/03/07 07:34 AM I say:capa flash tuner $1000Bf xr8 lower headlight snorkle$65xr6 turbo upper snorkle$40k&n air filter $1202nd hand xr6turbo/ xr8/typhoon exhaust $150metal cat $300pacemaker 4995 headers $500underdrives $ (ask Nosxr)←What the hell is a "Bf xr8 lower headlight snorkle"?All this help is greatly appreciated guys but can u put it into real simple, "like u were talking to a child" terms please!Ive got my exhaust system sorted, the induction sys. I need some clarifying on.So far its, K&N panel filter (no point putting on a pod filter unless I want more noise), then just add these snorkle dealys (how in the hell do u do that?) and that's it? I dont need to worry bout ss induction kits etc etc? just bung on the filter and the snorkles and that'll do it? I just want to know wat is the best induction setup I can put on my NA and how to do it. and if anyone else is goin to PM or put on this post "just buy a T mate" ill scream! lol Lukee85
troppo Member 9 Member For: 19y 6m 23d Posted 14/03/07 09:18 AM Posted 14/03/07 09:18 AM Hey mate,The stock snorkel takes in air from the top of the radiator. A turbo snorkel fits the same mounts as the stock item but it has a bigger mouth. The XR8/F6 lower snorkel is a second snorkel which takes air from behind the passenger side headlight and is about 3 times the size of the stock snorkel. It's at least as good as SS reductions, if not better, and half the price even from Ford dealers. You can either cut the hole in your stock airbox for the second snorkel or buy one pre-cut.Part nos are:lower snorkel - BAF 9C676Bpre-cut box - BAF 9A600A
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now