Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted
this how mine sounded but with a pod filter.

:tease:

Yawn... this sounds better :spoton:

Dose my ass

  • role model
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne,S.E
Posted

ahaha it does but I get there dont worry lol. :spoton:

  • KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

Well I put my pod in the box and it works well, but the sound is crap its the same as having a flat panel fillter so there go's that idea.

I just have the pod sitting it the bottom half of the air box so the ss, and typhoon air intake still feed air to it, and I just put a wall beside the pod and the engine so the heat dosnt get to the pod so easily.

But as soon as the cops see me im gone, I might make my own incloser but its probly not worth it.

Edited by ypurv4
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

I know the standard BOV can be modded but I couldnt find anyone here actually leaving it in the standard position. I tried and it fits perfectly and it only took like 20 minutes.

as the start of this post mentions, it cost $15 for the monza air filter and $4 for a pack of 4, 25mm rubber chair leg cups. The sound is nice, it's loud enough to sound tough but not ricey.........and it still sounds like the air vents back into the system. :blush:

this is a before pic

post-3383-1171699230_thumb.jpg

this is after

post-3383-1171699268_thumb.jpg

  • T.P.I.S.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SoR, WA
Posted

that's exactly how I have had mine for two years now.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 15d
Posted

looks great chooch with the black Monza unit, bit less obvious with the stock crossover than the red version if you get pulled over ! I reckon plenty of T owners will follow this idea....

  • 1 month later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 28d
Posted

I was playing around with the car and put a GFB BOV on over the weekend. Not 100% happy with the sound so decided to try the modifcation of the standard BOV. Like the other topic where you just block off the other pipe and put the chair leg cap over the end.

Well I've done this and like the sound, drilled the hole to get the flutter too so sounds ok. Just noticed this morning that even at idle a steady flow of air comes out from the hole. Not enough to be audible but if you place your finger over the hole you can definitely feel it. Is this normal? Just thought I'd ask you guys instead of doing my head in over it. :stirthepot:

Cheers

Joel

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Esperance
Posted (edited)

have a look through the old threads it's normal from memory it's a regular "hiss" if you wind it up and then dumps. I'm still trying to find sumn to block mine up mind you.

Edited by Meggs_83
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 3d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

hey mate, I blocked up my bov and I never drilled no hole?

dont really understand why you did?

whats the point in blocking it up and then drilling a hole in it :crybaby:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...