robbel Member 22 Member For: 20y 7m 18d Posted 15/02/07 09:47 AM Posted 15/02/07 09:47 AM I know mods to the standard BOV have been done but thought I'd throw in a pic of my own. Venting the standard BOV has raised questions, will it won't it suck unfiltered air. Added this Monza filter (from stoopidcheep autos) and the sound on backoff is heaps nice n ricey without the worry of sucking in crap. Not sure if this would fit with the stock crossover. For $15 including the rubber plug to blank off the intake pipe tis good value compared to IMHO the overpriced aftermarket units. A question, I've seen pics posted with the filter on the other end of the BOV - have I got this the wrong way around???
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 15/02/07 10:15 AM Posted 15/02/07 10:15 AM Looks good. How loud is it over the stock setup??
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 15/02/07 10:24 AM Posted 15/02/07 10:24 AM have u noticed more tutututu sound when u back off with the metal pipes on
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 15/02/07 10:26 AM Posted 15/02/07 10:26 AM could you get some sounds clips or vids? ps: I thought the std BOV the boost comes threw the side outlet of the BOV
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 15/02/07 10:53 AM Posted 15/02/07 10:53 AM Sound clips would be good. Love to hear it.
chooch Member 256 Member For: 22y 8m 3d Location: Adelaide Posted 15/02/07 11:17 AM Posted 15/02/07 11:17 AM um....I must be dumb! but isnt the standard BOV near the rear right of the motor? yours is just above the turbo.
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 15/02/07 11:18 AM Posted 15/02/07 11:18 AM Yes cooch, on the standard piping it is... this one doesnt have the standard piping so the bov has being re-positoned
robbel Member 22 Member For: 20y 7m 18d Posted 15/02/07 11:22 AM Author Posted 15/02/07 11:22 AM yeah the tututu is pretty awesome, I'll see if I can record it, thanks for the comments....
Kezza Member 152 Member For: 20y 27d Location: WA Posted 15/02/07 11:27 AM Posted 15/02/07 11:27 AM mmmmmmmmmmmmmm lots of shiney stuff
chooch Member 256 Member For: 22y 8m 3d Location: Adelaide Posted 15/02/07 11:35 AM Posted 15/02/07 11:35 AM so with the standard BOV position will the this monza filter fit?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now