Demonio Legacy Donating Member 109 Member For: 21y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: Mackay North QLD Posted 25/01/07 11:41 PM Posted 25/01/07 11:41 PM The story goes a while ago I removed my lux interior fairmont clock to have a go at mounting some gauges up there, for a week or two I didn't touch the car. now went I tried to lock or unlock the car it takes many attempts to do it. sometime wont ever. I thought might have been a flat battery so I switched keypads with the spare, tested once all was ok. another week pasted tried to unlock car, wont unlock again. replaced both batteries and still not working. Started to panic what have I done to my car. thought about it the only thing I have done recently is removed the clock. so I plug it back in and straight away locks and unlocks fine. now how is this possible does the clock act as a antenna? and when I put these gauges up there will I still have the no unlock/lock problem. Does anyone have any idea? where are all the smart electronic gurus ford guys even?YoursNathan
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 26/01/07 12:11 AM Posted 26/01/07 12:11 AM The reciever for the remote is on top of the ICC.Maybe you effected it somehow when you removed/refitted the clock.
stang Legacy Donating Member 1,353 Member For: 22y 8m 12d Location: Melbourne Posted 26/01/07 12:17 AM Posted 26/01/07 12:17 AM Does your car start alright maybe the car battery is flat,when I had a flat battery the remotes wouldnt even unlock the door.
Demonio Legacy Donating Member 109 Member For: 21y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: Mackay North QLD Posted 26/01/07 12:23 AM Author Posted 26/01/07 12:23 AM Car starts and runs great just like it alwayz has, in the top of the icc well its weird cos at the moment I have the clock just plugged in sittin on the dash if I disconnect the clock it has problems again. must have something to do with it. I wont if for the lux interior pack they move the receiver into the clock.
Demonio Legacy Donating Member 109 Member For: 21y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: Mackay North QLD Posted 26/01/07 04:59 AM Author Posted 26/01/07 04:59 AM Not sure if I am on the right track or anything I have attached a diagram on the clock circuit and there is a analogue clock supply and a return which runs into the BEM. would I be right in thinking that because of this return not being there its not working. how have people who have removed there clock for gauges got around this problem.YoursNathan
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 27/01/07 12:48 AM Posted 27/01/07 12:48 AM Wierd.Just looking at the workshop manual the receiver is a totally separate component - the clock should have no impact on it as the vehicles with the lower-series ICC's don't have one there to act as an antenna. Is it possible that the new guages are blocking the signal? Have you tried it without anything there?
Demonio Legacy Donating Member 109 Member For: 21y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: Mackay North QLD Posted 27/01/07 02:52 AM Author Posted 27/01/07 02:52 AM Without anything there. I know trust me to have a real weird fault. if I unplug the clock with nothing sittin on the top it wont lock or unlock as soon as I connect the clock it works. real weirdthank you for your help any more would be greatNathan
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 27/01/07 03:59 AM Posted 27/01/07 03:59 AM The only other suggestion is to ensure that the receiver is plugged in properly - it's a U-shaped component that screws on to the top of the ICC like Adam mentioned.Other than that I’ve got nothing sorry.
Demonio Legacy Donating Member 109 Member For: 21y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: Mackay North QLD Posted 27/01/07 07:45 AM Author Posted 27/01/07 07:45 AM The only other suggestion is to ensure that the receiver is plugged in properly - it's a U-shaped component that screws on to the top of the ICC like Adam mentioned.Other than that I’ve got nothing sorry.←Do you have a photo of the receiver?? I cant seem to find itNathan
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 27/01/07 11:25 AM Posted 27/01/07 11:25 AM You won't get access to it from where the clock goes.It's mounted to the ICC on the top of the 2 air vents.The body electronics module (BEM) is not the remote key receiver (RKR).I guess what you need is for someone else who has the clock to unplug it and see what happens.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now