Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Guest DEVO
  • Guests
Posted

OK - my opinion comes from a vastly different base (Standard XT) but I think that this car could do with a whole lot of stiffening up. I seem to get a lot of roll if I adjust the throttle to much in or out of a corner. Maybe I need a driving course, but I still think it could be a little flatter in this respect. I was quoted around $450 for Kings springs- the exact height was going to be chosen after I do the wheels. This seems like a pretty good bargain to me. I would be interested to hear what people thought of stiffer/thicker sway bars.

  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 4d
Posted

My recommendation to anyone considering lowering their BA would be to have the Herrod modifications done. I have had it done on my "T" and it feels great.

I run the factory 17" wheels and the car now sits beautifully, it really tidies it up, looks great.

Rob knows his stuff and does a fantastic job!!!

  • Bloody Orange Team (BOT)
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra, Australia
Posted

I've optioned the herrods kit from my dealer. Only thing that worries me is whether I'll be able to get into my garage without scraping. My lowered Pulsar SSS front spoiler misses the paving/concrete by about 2-3 cm's.. will be interesting. Worst case scenario. I shudder to think :(

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Albany Creek QLD
Posted

Devo:

The suspension in the XT is alot softer than the Xr6T. I dorve an XY back from Sydney and it was very different from my T

In many palces it was actually better. Up until corners came up. Then it rolled a bit too much and that the trait of a standard car. yuo have to remember it may end up as a taxi with a paki driving it with no idea mate!

Ford has to design in tolerance for the worst driver not those of us would prefer GT40 handling..

A set of Billsteins and some springs and you wont know yourself.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 13d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I had my car lowered by one inch today and a set of beilsteins installed and a camber kit, what can I say does on rails mean anything to your guys.

I'll post some pics later!

Guest DEVO
  • Guests
Posted

I think I may have covered this in an earlier post, but I talked to the dealer, spare parts, service and customer care about optioning my XT with the suspension set up from the XR. This can be done prior to delivery, but unfortunately, the parts cannot be ordered as an aftermarket accessory. It may be true that Ford spends $$$ on R&D, but why won't they let us buy it as an option. This attitude forces people to go aftermarket.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 13d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Gere is a shoot of my car lowered by one inch, if I ever get home before the sun goes down I'll try a take some in the daylight.

post-34-1063619792.jpg

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 7d
  • Location: Kurrajong, Sydney
Posted

Kind of hard to see, but what I can see looks VERY nice :thumbsup:

  • I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: West Brisbane
Posted

Yeah, I think they are similar to the wheels DynoSteve placed in front of the standard 17" XR wheels we have. Mate against Phantom, I was becoming emotionally erect...lol. I want them, bank says, no, go away.

Not saying they are not nice on Winter White, quite the opposite, very nice indeed.

I would love new rims and just lowering the N/A by just 1" Just need to come across some extra cash. :innocent:

:D

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 17d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Being a Herrod Motorsport Dealer & Tyre dealer I have seen first hand the results of lowering cars without correctly setting wheel alignment.

You MUST set your wheel alignment correctly & the wheel alignment on the B.A's MUST be damn close to exact or you will get vibrations through the car & you WILL scrub tyres.

As some of you know the tyres arnt cheap & for the long term investment, do yourselves & your dealer a favour - Go for the Castor/Camber kit - it is THE ONLY WAY you will get your wheel alignment correct when lowering your B.A.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...