JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 20d Location: Canberra Posted 14/01/07 11:17 PM Posted 14/01/07 11:17 PM about $6300 for gearbox, then add another $1000-1500 for clutch. roughly a $7 to 8k exercise. Obviously if you can source second hand stuff then it'll be a lot cheaper. I'd swap you my car if yours wasn't blueprint too many of them around.
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 9m 1d Location: Sydney Posted 14/01/07 11:24 PM Author Posted 14/01/07 11:24 PM lol. seems cheaper to sell and buy another one huh? theres a sweet citric one on carsales, if only I had the cash
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 12d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 15/01/07 12:22 AM Posted 15/01/07 12:22 AM Once you mod you will never go back.
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 9m 1d Location: Sydney Posted 15/01/07 02:58 AM Author Posted 15/01/07 02:58 AM looks like she'll be staying with me for another year, managed to get a decent price on a gt bodykit and some repairs soo trannyville here I come :Dps. dont worry I wont badge it as something it isnt (new gt turbo)haha
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 15/01/07 03:33 AM Posted 15/01/07 03:33 AM Maybe put the cash your about to spend on the body into rebuilding the auto so it will take 300kws and go for some more power. As you know, the only manuals worth using are the T56 but once your into the 300wkws range you'll forget about gearboxs and be more concerned with traction than changing gears My next T will be auto, no need to fork out for expensive clutches and as you know, autos are quicker off the mark... Work it out dollar for dollar. if you lower your sale price to get a quick sale, the difference between what you get for it and what you pay for a Mk 2 with T56 or ZF auto might not be that huge... especially if you go to the auctions... Then swap all your go fast bits on, might even be easier to sell as a stocker
JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 20d Location: Canberra Posted 15/01/07 05:13 AM Posted 15/01/07 05:13 AM Maybe put the cash your about to spend on the body into rebuilding the auto so it will take 300kws and go for some more power. As you know, the only manuals worth using are the T56 but once your into the 300wkws range you'll forget about gearboxs and be more concerned with traction than changing gears My next T will be auto, no need to fork out for expensive clutches and as you know, autos are quicker off the mark... Work it out dollar for dollar. if you lower your sale price to get a quick sale, the difference between what you get for it and what you pay for a Mk 2 with T56 or ZF auto might not be that huge... especially if you go to the auctions... Then swap all your go fast bits on, might even be easier to sell as a stocker←good advice there. I agree about scraping the body kit. ensure that your auto can handle the mods before spending on other things, then do it. Or, trade up to a T56, even if you trade your car in, or sell it privately.
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 9m 1d Location: Sydney Posted 15/01/07 05:29 AM Author Posted 15/01/07 05:29 AM im only spending about 1.6k on the kit as im also getting some paint repairs done. figured id kill two birds with one stone. I have a bit of money to play around with atm so I may have to visit a few trans places. anyone know any good ones in sydney?
FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 1m 4d Gender: Male Posted 15/01/07 05:41 AM Posted 15/01/07 05:41 AM (edited) know the prices of T's are dropping pretty fast, which is why I want to sell it nowPeople always say what you say above.Cars always drop in value so selling it just to buy another car that's going to drop in value isnt a good way of looking at it.The value in the car is what you see in it, if the car goes well and you like it just keep it.As far as the auto/manual goes, on a Turbo car I would prefer an auto, my XR turbo had an auto and it was greatMy GT has a manual and I love it, V8s really suit a manual and my new GTP that I pick up this week also has a manual, I just love it.Go with what your brain says mate which sounds like swapping an auto for a manual of as already said give a BF 6 speed auto a crack. You wont be dissapointed as they are very good Edited 15/01/07 05:42 AM by FPV 521
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 9m 1d Location: Sydney Posted 15/01/07 05:46 AM Author Posted 15/01/07 05:46 AM I work at vw and drive cars with the DSG gearbox almost everyday, I dont think any gearbox I drive would be as good as that, even the zf
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now